Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Oct 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I would have removed the straw hat, handed to the woman with a smile and saying “it’s too nice to get damaged”, put my bag in the locker and sat down.

I can be bolshie when needed, but being awkward on a plane is not a good idea, could get you removed !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
This gets on my goat, people thinking they can just help themselves to others belongings, when we have always travelled hand luggage only I put the cabin case up and kept a smaller bag with passports, money etc at my feet and as soon as the seat belt sign is off I'm up to get our bags down anyway.
On our trips to Florida my husband would carry our SLR camera in his backpack it was in a camera bag and always at the bottom with other bits on top so someone would have to take it down and empty it out although mind you I wouldn't put it past some of them but recently we now remove the memory cards so if someone takes the camera we still the pictures.
Hope you can claim back on your insurance.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
oO-Gemma-Oo
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That’s useful to know, who did you fly with? We are going to look at cheap flights with EasyJet or Ryanair probably so I was wondering if one was more generous than the other
Flybe, my husband flew with Ryanair in July though and it was the same rule there too.
oO-Gemma-Oo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Andy9137
Very Serious Dibber

Surprises me how many people on here said they don't want to make a fuss or deal with confrontation - sorry but if I have felt that I have been disadvantaged or miss treated in some way - I am speaking up. Person who didn't want hat damaging, removed from overhead locker and handed back to her with "best look after it then!" Too many people get away with what they want to do without being challenged in my opinion.

Andy9137 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I agree. Husband was told by crew member to put it in the locker so he did. He seemed to think it was because it was an extra leg room seat so did as hE was told ! I will ring insurance today but I think we have quite a big excess.
Insurance will wriggle out of it. We lost something at the airport and after months of explaining over and over they said we were careless and couldn't payout.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Gross ! You just can’t get why some people think their behavior is acceptable. Presumably he was using the underneath of the seat in front of him as well.
I would have just shoved them out into the aisle and the aircrew would have had to pick them up and ask who had lost their shoes...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
This happened to us years ago, we were placed all over plane with our parents. It was a trip for Christmas to Spain. Ended up with Christmas gifts stolen. Disgusting. So sorry you had this happen, its a gutting feeling.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry to read about your horrid experience op some people honestly have no shame 🤬😡

As a side note I am now so confused about above bin etiquette 🤣🤔🙄
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
So sorry to read about your horrid experience op some people honestly have no shame 🤬😡

As a side note I am now so confused about above bin etiquette 🤣🤔🙄
I have always taken it that you use the locker above your space and under the seat in front. Once you have put yours in then others can use any space left.
I thought Ryanair were strict about luggage. Our hand luggage was not weighed and the numbers of bags not checked either going out or coming back. The massive bags some people had were definitely not being checked.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

OP make a formal complain to the airline for not following their own rules on size etc. Get it out there on social media and see what happens.
It probably wont bring the photos back but perhaps they could buy you a new one and pay for another trip