Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Aug 12, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Would you plan/book/go whilst pregnant?

I'm desperate to see the dreams show and to be in the Disney magic but am currently pregnant, I'm due in early Feb.

A couple of questions really...we are looking at a week in Kent in September to have some us time and a last break as the 2 of us. Seen as we're so close I have been looking at a 1 night/2 day trip on Eurostar.

I know I can't go on many rides but it would be more about the parades and shows and maybe a character meal.

Am I stupid in thinking to attempt this?! I would go midweek in sept do should be quiet. But is it gonna be an expensive Disney fix?

Also what baby things are available in the shops? We're having Winnie the pooh themed nursery and not finding out the sex so not so much clothes, more baby accessories!

Ive had a relatively good pregnancy so far, not much sickness, just a bit tired, I'm hoping I'll have energy then tho!

It wouldn't be our only visit (planning babies first visit Xmas 2013!) so the rides don't bother me too much but is it gonna be too much?! Would any of you that have been pregnant have done the same sort of thing?

Thanks for any responses in advance, I just can't decide!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 12, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Honestly, I wouldn't. Only because the parades, Dreams etc have nowhere really for you to sit down unless you want to wait for an hour plus for them in one spot. I think you might be more tired and not be that comfortable standing about waiting for the parades and Dreams.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 12, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Im with Sammy Im afraid.

Its a big park and you'll do a lot of walking. Disneyland Park at Paris is actually (currently) bigger than Magic Kingdom!

Most of the parades are not until later on in the day, and yes you could be waiting around for a while for them. There arent that many places to sit and watch, and even if you do manage to grab a spot, you'll find that many will tip up late and stand in front of you anyway if its not a designated special needs area.

Traditionally there have been some nice baby based stuff in the Emporium in Main Street as well as what was the old Disney store in the village.

Now they have the new World Of Disney store, Ive no information on what's on offer but I'd be surprised if they don't have anything.

All the best for Feb!

Old 2 Aug 12, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

I think your just reiterating what I've been thinking! I was just hoping i might be proved wrong! The pregnancy pass does get you into designated seated areas for the parade but not for dreams. I might have to just put more energy into babies first trip next dec instead!

vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 12, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Why not wait and do it properly with your new little person. U can go on everything then doing a baby swap and i'm sure enjoy it more with more energy. (More time to save and have an even better holiday).

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 12, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

I have been 3 times to Disney when I have been pregnant and not found it too bad. I always sit out the rides anyway and managed to find places to sit, at the exit of the ride if your DH wants to go on some rides ( normally where they do baby switch or disabled entrance )

When I went to DLP the last time I was 6 months pregnant and had a very bad pelvis problem ( I can't remember whats its called ) that was what i found the hardest as walking around I was in constant pain all the time.

I went to Disney world when I was 10 weeks pregnant, that was ok as I had tablets for sickness and other than the nausea I was just really tired by about 8pm I had had it!

The other time I was pregnant and went, I can't remember so I must have been fine! lol!

The shows and parades may be on earlier in september and the parks may close reasonably early so you wont be out until all hours. I always managed to stand and watch the parades / fireworks. You could always stand at the end of mainstreet near plaza gardens and grab a chair from there to sit on!

regarding the merchandise, they dont have a great choice really, so I wouldnt get your hopes up, and its expensive too!

hth

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 12, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I went to WDW Florida at 25 weeks... I was fine...obviously careful I am not a thrill ride person anyway, think it was just pure adrenilin that kept me going plus a 12 year who was having the time of her life! I think as you are only planning a 1-2 day stay at DLP you would probably be ok...but whether its worth the cost of getting there and the fact you are looking to buy Disney stuff then personally I am not sure if it would be worth your while...
oh and congratulations on your forth coming baby hope you continue to stay well.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 12, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stitcher3000
Imagineer

stitcher3000's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I went whilst pregnant last yr although had only just found out so very early days. Trip had been booked for ages before we started ivf. All was fine when DH was on thrill rides I found somewhere to sit, rest & rehydrate (was hot in Sept last yr) only went on 'safe' rides & spent most of my time daydreaming about when I could come back with my bubba ;-) going back in Dec this yr with our son :-)
stitcher3000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 12, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
KAY-Partyof5
Imagineer

I would say go for it! I have been to both DLP and WDW when pregnant and enjoyed the experience just as much as when I have been not pregnant! I enjoyed taking everything at a slower pace, doing lots of people watching and, of course, buying some lovely Disney baby stuff. I think as long as you listen to your body - rest when you need to and be sure to stay hydrated - you'll be absolutely fine. Enjoy your last time together as a couple. xxx
DLP '05 & '06 - Cheyene
'11 - Kissimmee, '12 - Kissimme
DLP '10 - Disneyland Hotel, Hotel NY, DLP'11 Sequoia
KAY-Partyof5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 12, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Thanks everyone! Think we'll leave it for now and we'll see how my energy levels are in a few weeks and make a decision then! I've been shopping today and I'm tired out so has made me think about going round parks for 2 days! It's just the pull of Disney is so strong!

Closed Thread