Old 20 Apr 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Introducing two new princesses to WDW...June 19. Pre trip report

Pre trip reports

Introducing two new princesses to WDW...June 19

Cannot believe we are going back.
Last time we were in Disney we were teenagers, much skinnier and just a couple.
We made a pact to not return to Disney until we had kids. Well the kids took waaaay longer than we expected.

Didn’t even know trip reports were a thing until I found the dibb so thought I’d give it a go will be good to look back on. Since I’m stuck at home with the girls with chicken pox I thought now would be a good time to start writing. (Started writing this in the old house in January wow time flies) I have read a few of others reports and will try to follow suit with introductions.

Cast
Me: I’m 30. Have always loved Disney. Been 6 times. I work part time and I’m mum to two angels (when they want something)
I’m the one that tends to organise everything but I am terrible at making decisions, I dither and I worry. A lot. This will probably be apparent throughout my reports. I’m hoping I don’t ramble too much as I do have a tendency to do that. I also go off on random tangents too.

Hubby: Now 31!. He has been 3 times with me. Works full time but for an amazing company. Don’t get a lot of family time so we really value holidays.
He pays for everything which unfortunately means he’s said this holiday to Disney won’t be repeated. I highly doubt that though as his two girls can twist him round their little fingers. Has the final say on most things since I can’t make up my mind. Will probably be going on most rides as the girls are definitely daddy’s girls. Tends to get far more grumpier than me.

Scarlett: first trip to Disney. She is 4 very nearly 5. So very clever and seems way older than her age. Tall enough for most rides. Tends to be sarcastic with attitude (eye rolls at me at 4!). She is a bit of a picky eater and she’s already informed me that she will not be eating the three things she hates whilst in Disney these are sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower cheese. She’s a little daredevil and loves anything fast or scary and something is even better if it makes me scream or jump. She wants to see Pluto, Belle and Sleeping Beauty. “In fact all of the characters” she has just said. I asked them both to choose three to make sure we got the most important ones.

Georgia: Also first trip to Disney. Well first trip abroad for us as a family actually (this was true when I wrote it. Didn’t think we’d book a cruise as well &#128513
She is 3 and half. Very short for her age so she will miss most big rides. She is absolutely hilarious and takes everything very literal. She is a fire cracker and full of beans but she can get very stroppy very quickly and she is really defiant and will argue black is white so not sure how she will handle sitting some rides out. Minnie Mouse, Rapunzel and Ariel are her top picks.

Bodie : our black Labrador cross. Definitely a mutt. Can you guess his age? Unfortunately we will be missing his birthday this year but he will be going on his own holiday to mother-in-laws so will get lots of treats and walks there so will be a good holiday for him too. He’s a really good boy so we know he will behave. (It’s pronounced Brodie but without the R. Although my gran still calls him Brodie sometime &#128514

The Plan

Month
So Hubby decided to book in June so that we are away for my birthday. I’ll be 31 😳
He also wants it to be warm. I’m not in agreement with this I would prefer it to be a bit of “English summer” weather rather than melting.

Hotel,parking & flights

Staying overnight at premier in hotel Manchester heald green.

Think it was a good price. £40.50 hotel Manchester. We won’t be setting off from home until traffic has slowed at 6pm so I don’t think we will get there until 7.30pm ish. As it’s a Monday then the kids have got school anyway that day so will be home by 4.

Parking is with Manchester airport parking meet and greet. When I actually book it. (Booked it the next day. Used tips from lovely dibbers who said to go through mse and I saved nearly £30! Result) paid £123 Manchester airport.

Flights are booked with Virgin for 10am.

We have upgraded to the dibbers row in the bubble (this was how I found the dibb)

We have also booked the V Room so the kids have somewhere to play and for breakfast. Never been in there or even flown with Virgin. I’m hoping it’s all gonna be good things. (Can’t be worse than MyTravel, does anyone even remember them?) paid £224 dibbers row both ways.

This was the original Accommodation

We were staying at the Enclave Suites on carrier drive. All this report is going to be mainly offsite. We love I drive. I like all the different restaurants and just so we can go for a walk past all these shops and not really do much. (And this is one of the things I will miss most )

The enclave is booked for a studio room and we get hot breakfast included. Also has a balcony which scares the pants off me as Georgia is terrible at seeing danger.
We have been offered to upgrade by the hotel to a two bed suite at a discount that we have taken. Give kids more room and hopefully get under my feet less. Paid $563 (£468ish depending on the exchange rate in June) upgrade hotel room.

Car hire

Car hire is Alamo. We have a standard suv. Says it’s similar to a rav4. Hubby is going to be doing most of the driving. This is what he said when we booked but looks like I might have to do some too. I’m not sure I trust myself in a different car let alone in a different country!
We also went with the top insurance as it gave us the two car seats we needed plus the sat nav and both of us can drive (I will try to bargain at all costs to not have to do that)

I paid £3958 with virgin holiday (flights, v room,studio room on I drive with breakfast included, car hire with full insurance sat nav and two car seats)

I have a sort of plan of what I’m going to be doing but it seems like this year maybe a bit of a whirlwind and I might just have to go with it and do less planning. We booked two cruises (see other trip report) and then we decided to move house in less than a month. So all planning went out the window.

Tickets and itinerary

We have bought 21 day tickets. I would have gone for the 14 days but as they weren’t much cheaper I’d rather have the availability to anytime during holiday I’ve paid £1620 Disney tickets including magic bands (also got £40 cash back) and the also £12 Disney magic band wraps.

Hubby wants to do Madame Tussaud’s and kids wanna do the Orlando eye so paid £64 icon tickets which I think is a bargain for 3 different places.

For spends most of it is going on our credit cards we got £750 = $1000 (had some dollars for birthday) and got £32 ($64) on FairFX and also spent £19.54 Landry card which means I’ve got $25 on it now and another $25 for my birthday.

Last two things we paid for was £72 travel insurance (pa through hubby work and will cover us for both holidays this year) and
£50 esta (Last thing to buy not done yet)

Total so far including the spending money is £7445. Ugh that makes me feel a bit queasy I wish I hadn’t added that all up now.

The (very rough) itinerary
Day 0- pack. Drive to Manchester hotel
Day 1- flying
Day 2- Disney Springs shopping, Walmart, I drive
Day 3- magic kingdom 
Day 4- Pool/rest day, I drive(mini golf/shopping etc) 
Day 5- Blizzard beach. T-Rex cafe
Day 6- Animal kingdom 
Day 7- Hollywood Studios 
Day 8- I drive
Day 9- Epcot 
Day 10-Disney Springs ,Shopping 
Day 11- magic kingdom 
Day 12- Typhoon lagoon
Day 13-Animal kingdom 
Day 14- Madame Tussaud’s. Rainforest cafe
Day 15- Hollywood Studios 
Day 16- Sea life/Orlando eye
Day 17- I drive/shopping 
Day 18-Epcot
Day 19- I drive/shopping 
Day 20- magic kingdom
Day 21- I drive/shopping 
Day 22- plane home 5pm
Day 23- land 6am. Drive home

Will be signing up to a lot of promotional emails for freebies after reading dixonontour posts. Good thing it’s my birthday too!

So this is as far as I’ve gotten. Still have a few things to sort like the Landry card, airport parking and esta. (Two down now one to go)

Hoping this holiday will be soooo good as waited such a long time but I can see me needing a holiday after all this!

Will also just point out that I have no idea how to post links etc and everything else like this for a trip report. I’m not very techy but will try.

I am also pooh size. So hopefully that won’t be too much of an issue at Disney. Also have health issues but fingers crossed shouldn’t effect me too much.
Only thing I do worry about it when sitting with my 4yr old on rides she is like a twig and I don’t want her to not be strapped in properly if you get me.

Starting to get excited now.
I think the kids might know we are going to Disney. We’ve watched YouTube a few times before Christmas on Disney rides and we have said we will take them one day but not actually said when. Well they packed up some bags the pair of them other night and told me they were off to Disney and had a right game playing “going on holiday” so I’m assuming they know. Still they don’t know when so I’m sure they will figure it out when we get to the airport. (Definitely know. They asked me how many more days till Disney yesterday because that’s where one of her friends at school has gone she says. It was 80 days yesterday)

Well that’s it for now.
Just had my hospital appointment that I have been waiting for since for Christmas and it just so happens to be on the day we leave for the airport so I’ll be doing that on the Monday morning after the school run before going home and getting whatever else ready. Always feel like I leave everything to the last minute and I’m always rushed. Have spent money on clothes and trainers. Not even adding that up cos it will just make me annoyed. Luckily kids have quite a few clothes.

Super duper excited for Disney. Airport and long plane journey with two young children not so much.

So the total cost is now £7463 so far.
On our cruise hubby decided he would rather us go back to the original idea of a villa.

So this is what we have now
4 bed villa with pool. Hubby wants it mainly for the pool.

Eek! Tomorrow

Edited at 09:17 PM. Reason: Adding
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

What date do u fly out? We are 18th june with VA from MAN
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds fab! Just a little nudge, you really really need to get those Estas done, if any are declined you are very short of time to get a visa.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Sounds fab! Just a little nudge, you really really need to get those Estas done, if any are declined you are very short of time to get a visa.
Have just done them now. I’m not good with forms so hubby done them now. They are all pending.

Only packing stuff left to do now!
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by di5ney View Post
What date do u fly out? We are 18th june with VA from MAN
Going out on the 11th
Old 4 May 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Great pre trip. We fly on the 15th June from MAN! I have a pre trip out there - say hi if you see us.
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List