Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Apr 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ripley20
VIP Dibber

Westgate Palce

Hi All

Does anyone have the experience of staying at the Westgate Palace on International Drive?
If so how did they find it?
ripley20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi, I’ve never stayed there, but was looking right into it when I was in the Enclave suites in February. Everyone in there looked like they were having more fun than I was lol. It looks really nice. There is a fake beach with a volleyball court, a harbour with pedal boats, it looked lovely. I wouldn’t hesitate staying there
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ripley20
VIP Dibber

Thank you Happytraveller. Ive always stayed in a villa before but because we are now down to just 3 of us hence the change in where we are staying.
ripley20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We stayed there in 2016 in a 2 bedroom apartment.
We thought it was really good there was a full kitchen with a washer and dryer 2 bathrooms.
Nice pool area with BBQ’s for you to use a large hot tub and a decking area.
We would stay there again.
The only thing to be aware of is that they are timeshare properties and they phoned every day to invite us to breakfast which is a hard sell for a timeshare, we were out every day before they phoned except the day we were going home so I just said no thank you and they were fine.
Old 28 Apr 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ripley20
VIP Dibber

Yes I have heard that regarding the timeshare. What was the service like as you did not do the Timeshare?
Old 28 Apr 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
It was fine the apartment was cleaned every day we had a couple of meals there and some drinks at the bar as far as I could tell we were treated the same as everyone else.

I did see a couple having the sales pitch when we were waiting for our taxi to go to the airport and it did seem quite pressurised so I would definately avoid this.

I didn't take many pictures of the apartment but this is what I have
Old 29 Apr 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Brighton Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We stayed there few years ago. Lovely rooms, great location but very pushy sales calls. We even had one at 3a.m. at which point I lost it and went storming to reception, and we never had another call. We weren't made aware of this before we booked that we would be hassled daily. However once I made it abundantly clear we were in no way interested we were left alone, they did try the "it's obligatory to attend a meeting if you stay here"line. Would I stay here again? Absolutely, if I knew we weren't going to be getting sales calls round the clock.
August/September 14 - Compass Bay
August/September 16 - Compass Bay
Brighton Mouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Originally Posted by Brighton Mouse View Post
We stayed there few years ago. Lovely rooms, great location but very pushy sales calls. We even had one at 3a.m. at which point I lost it and went storming to reception, and we never had another call. We weren't made aware of this before we booked that we would be hassled daily. However once I made it abundantly clear we were in no way interested we were left alone, they did try the "it's obligatory to attend a meeting if you stay here"line. Would I stay here again? Absolutely, if I knew we weren't going to be getting sales calls round the clock.
3am I think I would have done exactly the same as you.
They did phone us every day but never managed to catch us as we were out early.
I booked through Travel Republic and I can't remember at any stage being told you had to attend a sales meeting.
Like you I would stay again and ignore the pushy sales people.
Old 29 Apr 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Brighton Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yeah, apparently they kept missing us during the day, so called during night instead, their words. We booked through Ocean Florida and had nothing about it, either written or verbal. It was only because I saw a post on here I was expecting it.
August/September 14 - Compass Bay
August/September 16 - Compass Bay
Brighton Mouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ripley20
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m sorry sorry for the late reply... Thank you all for the warning. I will make sure that no one in my party answers the phone lol. Not long now before we go. Hopefully the the exchange rate will improve before we do tho