Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 May 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

August 2018 Wishing on a Star: Day 14 DS lunch at Chicken Guy and Blaze,HS

We had decided on a rest morning, so didn't set an alarm, but as early risers we were naturally awake at 8:30. We had a coffee on the balcony in the Florida sun before ordering a lyft to DS at 10:30.

Chicken Guy was on the list for today and we wanted to be there early so we didn't have to queue too long. We opted for 2 3 pieces combos plus an extra 3 pieces with an array of sauces: buffalo, blue cheese, donkey, chipotle ranch, spicy honey and garlic parmesan. It was amazing. All the sauces were stunning and I'm glad we ate there - we even managed to get a space inside.

Next we headed to the Coca Cola shop where we bought a mystery bag and some gifts for people at home. We headed upstairs to the bar where we ordered a cocktail flight, see, it's all about the sauce. They were all lovely, but we enjoyed the mule and mojito best.

We headed into more shops, pin trading as we went. We both made a few purchases, just some clothes and before heading back we decided to share a blaze - out of pure greed, not hunger I hasten to add.

Ridiculously full, we headed to HS via a Lyft at 14:30.

Once in the park, we bought the Starbucks mug and had it shipped to the resort via the shop across the way.

We then used our FP for Slinky, but unfortunately we were at the gate for boarding when they halted the ride due to the storm. We sat at the gate, in the dry, and waited for the storm to clear passing the time playing on the Disney parks app and updating our pin trading report. We waited ages, but if was a good ride and we stayed dry. As a result though we were late for our RNR FP, not that it mattered.

We followed RNR with TOT, where we queued with a family, this kids are hyped to the max repeating, "spookily dookily" at least 1000 times, we decide to follow the opposite fork to them at the point the queue splits and ended up behind a dot if child who promptly informed us this was "the best ride in Disney." She spouted facts galore as we waited the last 5 mins and was really cute.

We were going to watch Fantasmic later but once again the weather had other plans. As we waited to see if the storm would pass we chatted to a CM, shared some nuggets and hot sauce (as if we'd not had enough chicken today) before calling it and heading back to BLT where we watched HEA from the lounge before heading to our room to relax on the balcony before bed.

Some pics from our resort...

Niki T is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Was that chicken guy for breakfast, blaze pizza for lunch and nuggets for dinner? If so, then what a perfect day!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Haha, I hadn't really thought of it like that. John refers to it as: the day we ate all the chicken...he's not wrong! It was utterly delicious.

Edited at 10:13 AM.
Niki T is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Glad you enjoyed Chicken Guy, we weren't fans but my mum really like it and I could bathe in the garlic Parmesan sauce. We may give it another go in future because I want to try ALL of the sauces.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Defo recommend the sauces, it was a favourite part. Love garlic parm sauce, Disney need to up their game and bathe fries in it like universal
Old 31 May 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The views from contemporary look phenomenal. If I had to pick a monorail resort it would definitely be there over the Poly and GF. My husband adores GF though.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
The views from contemporary look phenomenal. If I had to pick a monorail resort it would definitely be there over the Poly and GF. My husband adores GF though.
GF is lovely (especially the DVC wing with the Mary Poppins theme) but we find the Poly a bit busy. Glad Bay Lake is our home resort. We were disappointed with our room at first as we had been hoping to bag a partial MK view, but I'm so glad we didn't, the view we had was fantastic and will be a request on future trips
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

The views from Bay Lake are stunning!

Chicken guy and Blaze on the same day doesn’t need any explanation

You were certainly unlucky with Hollywood Studios and the weather this year 🙄 At least you got to ride Slinky

x