Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Apr 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
elise
Imagineer

Mobile

So , we were expected the news but it’s just so disappointing to have it confirmed that the CEP is off .
Old 8 Apr 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by elise View Post
So , we were expected the news but it’s just so disappointing to have it confirmed that the CEP is off .
So sorry ☹! My dd is meant to be going end of July for the CRP year programme, those going in April and May and early June have been cancelled too! We're preparing for the worst! ☹
Old 8 Apr 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Yep, my DD got the email last night. She was looking forward to it but she knew she wouldn't be going right from the start of this breakout. She's so glad I talked her out of booking her flight and spending on other things as it would be a pain trying to get the money back. Hopefully, she'll be able to do it next year instead.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

I'm so gutted for them all, all that hard work during such a long interview process, only for it to be taken away from them so suddenly.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
8gotoWDW
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

My DD is gutted. So sad for her but secretly glad the decision is out of our hands now as I would have worried sick.

She's annoyed at wasting money on the travel/ hotels for interviews but I hope next year if she reapplies that it will go ahead.

Hopefully get her flight money back as only booked outward flight beginning of June.

I can't bring myself to cancel ADRs and lightsabre build yet. Also we weren't going till August so not sure re our flights.

Keep trying to think at least we have our health.
8gotoWDW is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
elise
Imagineer

Mobile

We were/ are going on 16th August . In the spirit of positivity DD is trying to move her outbound flight to August !
I don’t think it’s going to happen but need a light at the end off the tunnel !
Old 9 Apr 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

I just hope that they don't have to go through the whole selection process again next year. It was expensive enough this time with trips to Essex and London but, most of all, they made it through so ideally will be given first refusal next time.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracyjj0
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nanu View Post
I just hope that they don't have to go through the whole selection process again next year. It was expensive enough this time with trips to Essex and London but, most of all, they made it through so ideally will be given first refusal next time.
My son hasn’t heard anything official from Yummy Jobs yet, but apparently when the Universal summer jobs were cancelled, Yummy told the youngsters that they could defer and automatically do their placement next year or choose to be sent straight to the Disney final interview stage!
Old 9 Apr 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

DD was working in the HRC and was sent home in March after 4 months, she was working in Germany last year and flew home from there just for one of the interviews, then vlew back to work the next day. I also really hope she , and all others, get the chance to go back and finish their time there. It's so disappointing for all the kids who have worked so hard to get the job.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracyjj0 View Post
My son hasn’t heard anything official from Yummy Jobs yet, but apparently when the Universal summer jobs were cancelled, Yummy told the youngsters that they could defer and automatically do their placement next year or choose to be sent straight to the Disney final interview stage!
I was disappointed in Yummy jobs when this all kicked off, I asked them to help the HRC girls as they had no idea what was happening at first, they didn't bother emailing any of them.