Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jun 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Confused over New Announcement and Devastated.

Is it only me affected? I haven’t heard another single person mention this!

Our cases were packed and we were a few days from flying on 18 March. We had the dining Plan and a Gift card. We were told to cancel rather than rebook for next March 2021 as the dining plan wasn’t yet released. Since then the dining plan isn’t being released but for people going July onwards they get no dining included but a 35% off their accommodation!

But what about the people like me who lost their holidays in March and onwards? Are we being considered for any discount on a rescheduled booking with no dining. Has anyone else been affected like me or does anyone know anything?

I’m absolutely devastated.
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

I’ve had an email basically saying no offer for next year, cancel for free or accept the changes. I’m not happy.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

No one is getting a discount for moving to 2021, customers only get the discount if they still visit in 2020 or have the option of cancelling. If Disney release an offer for 2021 guests who do decide to move to 2021 will have the option of adding on the offer, subject to the room and dates booked being eligible for what ever the offer is. Plus they will pay the 2021 price and not what had already paid for 2020

We were dur to go in May and had to cancel, however as we wont be going in 2020 and want to reschedule for 2021, we haven't lost out by having to cancel before the current announcement as anyone who is still yet to go wont get any real extra benefits by moving to 2021.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
As above only 35% if you continue to go this year, full price for next year if you decide to move- pretty poor TBH
We'll use our refund to go to Universal in May
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

Mobile

Have you had it confirmed that Disney will add an offer on to a booking for next year?

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jojj View Post
Have you had it confirmed that Disney will add an offer on to a booking for next year?
No it’s not confirmed and in the past U.K. wdtc haven’t retrospectively added offers.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
No one is getting a discount for moving to 2021, customers only get the discount if they still visit in 2020 or have the option of cancelling. If Disney release an offer for 2021 guests who do decide to move to 2021 will have the option of adding on the offer, subject to the room and dates booked being eligible for what ever the offer is. Plus they will pay the 2021 price and not what had already paid for 2020

We were dur to go in May and had to cancel, however as we wont be going in 2020 and want to reschedule for 2021, we haven't lost out by having to cancel before the current announcement as anyone who is still yet to go wont get any real extra benefits by moving to 2021.
We couldn’t reschedule for later this year and I feel us and others that had NO CHOICE but to cancel have lost out big time, when people who not only didn’t loose their holiday they get a discount on their accommodation. I understand that is to make it fair because of the dining plan not being free.
But what about people like us who have to reschedule, get no discount and then have to pay for what we were getting for free. I just wished they would honour the discount for those that lost their holiday and then for new bookers who didn’t have a holiday lost or booked for this year apply the new charges!

They would be treating us like a completely new booking, not a family who lost one!

Sorry for ranting I am just so upset.
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
To be fair, it’s no different to anyone who wants to move dates. We have decided not to go this year so will just cancel. There’s no incentive to move to next year so we’ll probably go with the Dolphin instead.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

I guess from Disney’s perspective you’re haven’t “lost” anything; they were unable to provide what you’d booked at the time you’d booked it, so gave you a full refund. Whereas with these new cases, Disney can still provide something as they are open, so as an alternative to a refund, affected people could choose to accept the “lesser” service for a discount.

Obviously from your perspective you lost the chance of having any kind of experience, so I can totally understand why you’re disappointed. It’s gutting to lose what you’ve looked forward to (I was due to be going on hols to the US myself today!).

Edited at 09:21 PM.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
I guess from Disney’s perspective you’re haven’t “lost” anything; they were unable to provide what you’d booked at the time you’d booked it, so gave you a full refund. Whereas with these new cases, Disney can still provide something as they are open, so as an alternative to a refund, affected people could choose to accept the “lesser” service for a discount.

Obviously from your perspective you lost the chance of having any kind of experience, so I can totally understand why you’re disappointed. It’s gutting to lose what you’ve looked forward to (I was due to be going on hols to the US myself today!).
Yes you’re right. Just absolutely gut wrenching to be 3 days away from going. My son still wants me to rebook disney resort but it’s such a lot of money with no food included. Would rather stay off site but he isn’t having any of it!

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17