Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellie
Very Serious Dibber

Cinderellie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Mobile

I spoke to kenwood last week before any kind of announcement was made and they encouraged me to wait for news from Disney as not heard anything - we have a flight inclusive package booked for Sep (balance due early July) they did say if I cancelled at that stage they would offer me a voucher - so I’m not sure if refunds in the sense of getting your actual money back will be an option. We shall see - keen to see how others get on
Cinderellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
DS has just messaged me and Kenwood have said they will process refund, it could take up to 60 days. Fingers crossed that it happens. Although they haven't kept us informed of changes, when we have asked any questions Abbie has replied well within 24hrs. She has been very helpful all the way through this.
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

Mobile

They are not being so accommodating for me.

They are only offering to reschedule or a voucher for monies paid. No mention of discount of 35% or option of a refund!

I have gone back to them this morning and sent them the email from Disney to read themselves.
sixpence18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MissB87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sixpence18 View Post

They are only offering to reschedule or a voucher for monies paid. No mention of discount of 35% or option of a refund!

I have gone back to them this morning and sent them the email from Disney to read themselves.
This is interesting, I really don’t want a credit note and can’t reschedule for next year.
MissB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews

They offered us a voucher last week but today said they had now received the Disney updates. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellie
Very Serious Dibber

Cinderellie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Mobile

Originally Posted by making49 View Post
DS has just messaged me and Kenwood have said they will process refund, it could take up to 60 days. Fingers crossed that it happens. Although they haven't kept us informed of changes, when we have asked any questions Abbie has replied well within 24hrs. She has been very helpful all the way through this.
Was that a flight inclusive package? I’m going to call them when the little one goes down for his nap and will update with my outcome. If no refund then am holding out until 22nd before committing to changing anything - we’re flying from Manchester and all these rumours of virgin suspending flights is my next back up option haha.
Cinderellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cinderellie View Post
Was that a flight inclusive package? I’m going to call them when the little one goes down for his nap and will update with my outcome. If no refund then am holding out until 22nd before committing to changing anything - we’re flying from Manchester and all these rumours of virgin suspending flights is my next back up option haha.
No, just Disney. We have BA flights booked with Netflights, we're hoping they get cancelled. BA are offering vouchers for our dates now but we would rather have a refund.
Old 15 Jun 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I dug my heels in and said I would like a refund please. I sent them the email from Disney stating the options they have offered and also mentioned their competitors that have offered people refunds.
They have agreed to refund my deposit! Thank goodness!
sixpence18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MissB87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I dug my heels in and said I would like a refund please. I sent them the email from Disney stating the options they have offered and also mentioned their competitors that have offered people refunds.
They have agreed to refund my deposit! Thank goodness!
That’s fab! Did you have flights also?

I’ve got flights and disney which is my only concern!
MissB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

Mobile

No it was just tickets And hotel with free dining.
So glad I’m getting a refund, baby things are expensive so definitely need the money back!