Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Nov 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Princess Allie - BA have a 24 hour cancellation policy for a full refund so don't panic too much. You should be able to cancel it online free of charge but don't do that before speaking to them - the number you can use to start with is 0800 727 800 and they should be able to either advise you or put you though to the correct department who can help. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Thank you. I’ve rung and it says only call if it’s an emergency, I don’t need the money back that I’ve paid today, I just wanted to add the tickets without paying today. I’ll try and ring again another day x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Well thanks to your thread- I’ve just rang BA and managed to change my flights so I have an earlier flight to JFK, a direct flight (rather than an indirect flight) from New York to Orlando and a return flight leaving later and going to LHR (rather than Gatwick) all for £4 less! 😅 It’s not £600 but the flights are all direct now and I’m stopping at 2 less airports and the times are better giving me longer in New York, longer in Orlando and less time in the U.K. If the nice BA lady had told me it was £4 more I’d have been happy!😅
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
hawk299
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Can you tell me which number you called on please? I booked my flights, car and 1 night in a Disney hotel this morning, but it made me pay the whole amount. I thought this was because I booked to fly in to Orlando economy and out of Miami PE, but when I went online to add the Disney tickets, it’s trying to make me pay in full for those too. Do I just need to ring them or will I have to pay in full?
I was calling them on 0344 493 0787 but due to the latest updates and how busy they are with Nov cancellations it just directs you to call 0800 727 800 now

When you call that there is an option for modifications or sales etc.. which went through pretty much instantly

You can't "add" for free online, you have to call
hawk299 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by hawk299 View Post
Yes, you can see the price by going to BA and searching for "experiences" - Currently £424 for 14 day Disney adult Ultimates
I can’t. I either get an error or get experiences but no Disney experiences. I can add them to the room if I get a trial Disney room but they are about £200 more expensive (for 2A 1C) than Disney prices.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ianmstewart
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
I can’t. I either get an error or get experiences but no Disney experiences. I can add them to the room if I get a trial Disney room but they are about £200 more expensive (for 2A 1C) than Disney prices.
I was looking into this for October next year and it seems like BA don't have the 'autumn' Disney ticket for visits post September 13th yet...
ianmstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

We're booked with BA, a package, departing Sept 11th for two weeks. I checked online and it seems I can add on the 14 day Disney tickets and it lets me select a start date of the 11th, 12th or 13th - I just want to double check if I call up and added these to the booking I'm assuming we just have to enter the parks on one of those dates to activate them and they can them be used for the two weeks beyond? They expire on the 26th or something don't they?
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ianmstewart
Gone all Goofy

hi all. does anyone know if the BA universal tickets are real tickets or a voucher you need to exchange when you get there?

I've booked the 7 day special offer ones for next year today and on the face of it it looks as though they are vouchers. I did this last time for a decent cashback payout from expedia but to be honest it was a bit of a pain waiting around to get them exchanged and would rather avoid next time, particularly as there is no price difference between BA and somewhere like floridatix.

Thanks in advance for any help!
ianmstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
angfea76
Earning More Ears

Hello folks

Just wanted to say thank you to Bee Happy for their post. We had a fly drive package booked for May 30th 2021 from Gatwick to tampa. After reading about your experience I checked the costings for our holiday and it turned out if we flew into Orlando international ( rather than Tampa) on the same dates, same car hire with similarly timed direct flights was £268 cheaper overall. So I contacted BA and they changed us over and gave us the cheaper holiday without any loss of deposit or anything. Brilliant success thank you so very much. 😘

Edited at 07:52 PM.
angfea76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

We altered our return leg to being via Philly rather than Gatwick today - so home earlier to Manchester, much less bothersome not having to get a taxi from Gatwick to Heathrow after a red eye flight, no fee for seat selection (return is now with AA) and a saving of little over a £100 just for good measure.

It was clear we haven't had to pay any fees for changing.

This was a 'holiday', not flights, as our short stay at Dolphin is in the package.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great to see lots of you have saved some £ by changing flights 😁