Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Sorry just seen those are Next!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Love them we have similar wallpaper in our hall.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

It looks a very classy style room. Have you looked on Dunelm? They usually have some lovely classy curtains
Old 29 Nov 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
I think they are lovely but do agree this range is very 'of the moment'.
Have you looked in Next, they usually have a lot. I actually like the curtains the vendors had!
Yes, I liked them as well but DH isn’t as keen on them, he wants a complete change. I’m hoping to get my own way in the hall, the vendors had similar to this but in a purple😊.
I also liked these ones
Old 29 Nov 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by simmofamily View Post
It looks a very classy style room. Have you looked on Dunelm? They usually have some lovely classy curtains
Oh, I forgot about Dunelm mill, thanks
Old 29 Nov 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I like them I’ve seen them in Next before, they are bold yes & modern, but the size of the room can carry it off, if it was a small room then maybe not
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

I'd looked at those as needed new curtains for our dining room. Decided that as everyone seemed to be getting them to go for a plainish pair and have got mustard cushions from Asda. Can cheaply swap those out if I get fed up.

Worth looking at Terrys terrysfabrics/
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
That’s a good idea, l will maybe wait for these to arrive and see what they look like. I think I’m finding it difficult because I’m not 100% sold on the wallpaper but don’t want to redecorate such a large room just for the sake of it.
What colour would you pick as a base colour for the curtains?
What colour sofas do you have? Personally I would go for a steel colour with texture or pick a colour and use that for rug, cushions, curtains.

In my lounge I have got white walls, then have pink velour curtains (JL) and pink cushions. I also have the same curtains in navy velour and navy cushions so that I can change the colour/theme when I get bored.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
What colour sofas do you have? Personally I would go for a steel colour with texture or pick a colour and use that for rug, cushions, curtains.

In my lounge I have got white walls, then have pink velour curtains (JL) and pink cushions. I also have the same curtains in navy velour and navy cushions so that I can change the colour/theme when I get bored.
This is what we have so far from our last house. The sofas need a good clean and I’m thinking I will change the rug and the cushions anyway. As you can see it all blends into one and needs a pop of colour.
Excuse our dog, she is on window patrol and wouldn’t move🤣

Edited at 01:01 PM.
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Going against the grain, and after seeing your windows latest photos, I would go for play window plantation shutters and use soft fabrics in the room to bring in your personality and design . It is a real be sized sitting room and over patterned Britain’s (like Orla K) would close it on for me far too much
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List