Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Aug 19, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Which one to pay for?

We still have the following to do:
Story book dining
Mama Melrose fantasmic
Cal grill 2ts
Chef Mickey
Hoop de doo 2ts
Rose and crown
T rex
Super cal breakfast 1900
Liberty tree tavern

We've done:
Tusker house rol
Biergarten
Sci fi
Tonys parade

The problem I'm short 1 ts credit. From the ones left which would be the best one to pay for (also would one of the previous ones have been better to pay for future reference)?
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

As a general rule of thumb it’s usually cheaper to pay OOP for breakfast so of those still to do perhaps pay for the super cal 1900 breakfast?
Of those already done I’d pay OOP for sci-fi diner as the meals (burgers & milkshakes) aren’t the most expensive entree’s on site imho.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish

Mobile

Thanks. I just realised I took photos of the receipts bdfore they cancel the charges and sci fi was the cheapest. Super cal is a few days away so I can decide if it's worth paying, or if we are still good for qs credits I may cancel.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Sci Fi dining would probably have been the cheapest out of those ADRs. As the 1900 breakfast is a character meal / buffet it might not be the cheapest of the ones to do. I would have a look at rose and crown or liberty tree tavern menus as they might be options.

However I think it is best to use the credits for everything until you are almost at the end of the trip, because plans change and you might find you cancel something.

I really need to listen to my own advice because every time I pay for something early on as i am a credit short and it is the cheaper venue, only for plans to change and I end up with unused credits.

Edited at 06:33 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Do you have a Landry card? If so and you have any birthday credit available, I think T Rex May be part of that.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’d suggest T Rex and share as when we ate there the meals were enormous. Way too much food for one person so easy to share.
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Sci fi would have been the one to pay for. Probably T. rex our of what you have left.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would suggest looking at whether your gonna use all your credits and if there are any meals youd be ok to miss so many people say they dint use all their credits so I wouldn't pay oop if I didn't need to
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

If you have no credits left I'd pay OOP for the cheapest one. If you look at the menus on the Disney website you'll see prices which should give you a rough guide.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish

Thanks again all. Did mama Melrose today and noticed it wasn't a large bill compared to some. I agree with paying oop being a bit daft as we are likely to have a few qs spare. I'll look at trex menu and if not astronomical may cough up. Is 1900 park fayre worth doing? The kids are really liking the character meals, even if I'm starting to find them slightly annoying lol.

Edited at 09:21 PM.