Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Nov 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Disney UK Flexibility/Ammendment/Cancellation terms

Does anyone know what these currently are. I’ve been looking into tentatively booking something for next October, but obviously want to be as flexible as possible. Am happy to book a BA fly drive as fairly sure the worst that would happen is a £300 BA voucher that we would use.

Accommodation and tickets are another matter. One travel agency I’ve had positive dealings with tell me they can sell a Disney UK hotel and ticket package about £150 cheaper than WDTC, but with the same terms. They’ve emailed me an excerpt of the terms which basically state free amendments and cancellation up to 7 days before travel. That would be fine but I want it in a legally binding terms and conditions document that I can use for a section 75 credit card claim if needed.

Wondered if anyone knew WDTC flexibility options. If they are the same I might book through WDTC anyway despite the extra cost for a bit of peace of mind.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Good timing as I’m also thinking of booking soon but can’t find anything on cancellations with Disney especially tickets
Emailed them yesterday but I know replies take a while
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
WDTC will refund you on everything as long as you cancel 7 days before, this what I was told over the phone as in previous times this was the case as well when I’ve cancelled

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
WDTC will refund you on everything as long as you cancel 7 days before, this what I was told over the phone as in previous times this was the case as well when I’ve cancelled
Thank you seems to be the best terms I have found and covers tickets when bought as part of a package. I know some companies are offering “insurance” on their tickets but then you need to check out the terms and find out if you are still covered if the company go under!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
Does anyone know what these currently are. I’ve been looking into tentatively booking something for next October, but obviously want to be as flexible as possible. Am happy to book a BA fly drive as fairly sure the worst that would happen is a £300 BA voucher that we would use.

A.
sorry to butt in but looking at your countdown i think that you wouldn't get the voucher as the dates that that is valid for is up until the end of August 21. I would like to be wrong as i'm looking to book for Sept/October.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
sorry to butt in but looking at your countdown i think that you wouldn't get the voucher as the dates that that is valid for is up until the end of August 21. I would like to be wrong as i'm looking to book for Sept/October.
No I know that currently, but I expect that if we still couldn’t travel by then that BA would extend the voucher scheme. If not then £300 is less than a lot of insurance excesses as they tend to be £100 per person.
Old 14 Nov 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
No I know that currently, but I expect that if we still couldn’t travel by then that BA would extend the voucher scheme. If not then £300 is less than a lot of insurance excesses as they tend to be £100 per person.
i'm hoping too lol. I'm thinking of biting the bullet this weekend...
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
i'm hoping too lol. I'm thinking of biting the bullet this weekend...
I bit the bullet a couple of days ago on the flights. Think it was the day the vaccine was announced and prices went up a little. BA seem to have been pretty good at extending things throughout this.
Old 14 Nov 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

We booked a week ago with Walt Disney World UK because of the same reasons as many here -> It was so much cheaper than normal. We saved around £1200 on Coronado Springs Resort for just the two of us for May 2021.

At £300 deposit, the thinking is that we have until February to pay the balance. During the three months before then we'll monitor what's changing on a global scale before having to worry about that. Worst that can happen - we could lose the £300 and re-book for September/October somewhere else because of losing the initial discount.

My point is, if you have any doubts when making your booking - either don't book yet or only pay what you can afford to potentially lose.

Edited at 06:07 PM.
khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List