Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
According to their t&c's on the VH website the following are significant changes :

the following are examples when made before departure:

a. A change of resort area for the whole or a major part of your holiday,

b. A change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification for the whole or a major part of your holiday,

c. A change of UK departure airport (excluding change of London Airports),

d. A change of outward departure time or overall length of your holiday of twelve or more hours.
Is there a policy regarding wearing masks on the plane? There is no way I am sitting on a plane for 8 hours plus. Surely they need to take tis into consideration.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

I know other airlines in the USA require mask wearing throughout the flight, except when eating or drinking. They're advising you change out your masks every few hours. Not sure what BA or VS policy is though.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
Is there a policy regarding wearing masks on the plane? There is no way I am sitting on a plane for 8 hours plus. Surely they need to take tis into consideration.
At the moment I believe masks have to be worn at all times during the flight unless the passenger is eating or drinking.

It's probably buried deep in the small print that passengers accept all safety rules in force at the time of the flight, I suggest you contact VH for clarification if you're really not happy about it.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kadiekaismummi View Post
Hi Bobbins, I’ve been looking on the ABTA. Code of conduct but can’t find where it says the above ? Could you possibly point me in the right direction which page or code the above comes under please, thank you so much for pointing it out, I know guidelines say it isn’t a significant change but to my family & myself living within walking distance exactly 9 mins to Walk to the terminal, I’d say it’s very significant to me, as I would never have booked flights anywhere but from Gatwick & Virgin won’t even help with maybe coach from Gatwick to heathrow afterall they changed my flights! we have to make our own way, pay extra fares out of our own pockets there & back which I think is rather unfair xx.
It's on page 26:
"a change of airport that's inconvenient to the client."

Note that this is ABTA's guidance to the code of conduct, not the code itself.

Some of the section is talking about changes within 14 days od departure, but I think it's saying a tour operator cannot make significant changes within 14 days but, if they're forced to, they have to pay compensation (as well as allowing cancellation).
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
It's on page 26:
"a change of airport that's inconvenient to the client."

Note that this is ABTA's guidance to the code of conduct, not the code itself.

Some of the section is talking about changes within 14 days od departure, but I think it's saying a tour operator cannot make significant changes within 14 days but, if they're forced to, they have to pay compensation (as well as allowing cancellation).
Thank you so much Bobbins for the info! I will go take a look xx