Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Aug 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Edna Cloud View Post
I have travelled in both business class and economy on many long haul flights. Of course, if I can manage the costs, I would prefer to be in business. Who wouldn’t? The difficulty is when paying for a family of four, the additional costs make it too much of an outlay (best part of £8K for flights). The difference between economy and business pays for our accommodation on holiday.

I did suggest that I went in business and the rest of the family went in economy, but that didn’t go down very well! So, I’ll have to make do until the lottery win...

... but I can still fantasy travel in business class by reading others’ trip reports or watching YouTube reviews.

EC
Yep, PE and cattle class for me and the family until the kids move out.
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Just bumping this thread with a question.

What do people think is a reasonable price for business/upper class tickets for during the summer school holidays?.

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post

What do people think is a reasonable price for business/upper class tickets for during the summer school holidays?.

Kat
I have just looked on Expedia and direct from London next summer was coming out at £1800 on both Virgin and BA and Iva various code shares.

I was surprised it was this low, perhaps they are just trying to get people bookings things. I would have expected it to be easily over £2k during summer.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Kat
We've travelled frequently in UC from MAN in summer/Easter/Xmas holiday times and I would consider anything under £2k direct per person a reasonable deal.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Kat
It depends to an extent on which route you are talking about as well. From London (non-stop), as above I would say £1800-2000 is a reasonable price and should be fairly easily achievable. From other cities where Virgin has a monopoly on non-stop, it could go higher.

During sales, it may be possible to achieve fares as low as £1400-1500 from London. Not always possible during school holidays, but sometimes. Lower may be possible, but probably not originating from an airport in Great Britain, except maybe via a cheap upgrade from PE, which isn't guaranteed.

If you're prepared to entertain connecting flights, lower may be possible.

The above is all in "normal" times, time will show how "new normal" might develop...
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I agree, we’re happy & will nab them at under £2k pp return.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have just looked on Expedia and direct from London next summer was coming out at £1800 on both Virgin and BA and Iva various code shares.

I was surprised it was this low, perhaps they are just trying to get people bookings things. I would have expected it to be easily over £2k during summer.
I was looking at May 2021 yesterday and there we some at just over £1300.
Just not prepared to book at the minute even with the flexibility to move.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve just put 4 on hold with BA for £1,500pp Heathrow to Mco. During school hols. I was hoping to use my virgin points (I have thousands) but I thought this might be a better option for now. I’ve got 3 days to think about it.

It’s just such a lot of money to hand over, but I believe we will get a voucher at least if we cancel?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

I’ve just put 4 on hold with BA for £1,500pp Heathrow to Mco. During school hols. I was hoping to use my virgin points (I have thousands) but I thought this might be a better option for now. I’ve got 3 days to think about it.

It’s just such a lot of money to hand over, but I believe we will get a voucher at least if we cancel?

Kat
Can you add a night in a hotel or a 1 night car rental and just pay the deposit?
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Kat
I don’t travel in school holidays, but if I did I would be ecstatic about that price.

Yes BA are offering vouchers should you change your mind. That said, I would think hard about if you want a £6k voucher. I was thinking of DLP in November which will not now go ahead, when I booked flights I was pretty comfortable with the prospect of a £300 voucher.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List