Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Oct 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Think I’m doing something wrong. I need four seats, been looking at economy. I know it’s not the “best use” but hey if it saves us money.

So off peak dates in May keeps coming up at 130,000 plus £590, is that the discounted price? I thought the regular amount is 32,500 for an economy seat return?

Is it only certain dates I wonder, I’ve tried various dates around May and can’t find any lower. I’m sure we won’t be able to go anyway so I’ll stop looking now.
As Disneycupcake said there are issues with economy seats at the moment.
BA economy is never normally worth booking on reward flights as the taxes/fees are £350+ each.
I just checked May off peak dates, as your £590 quote peaked my interest. It’s quoting £150 in taxes/fees plus 30k in miles for an adult. When they sort this out they’ll halve the miles but the taxes/fees will go back up to £350+ unless you’re very lucky.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
As Disneycupcake said there are issues with economy seats at the moment.
BA economy is never normally worth booking on reward flights as the taxes/fees are £350+ each.
I just checked May off peak dates, as your £590 quote peaked my interest. It’s quoting £150 in taxes/fees plus 30k in miles for an adult. When they sort this out they’ll halve the miles but the taxes/fees will go back up to £350+ unless you’re very lucky.
The economy flights are not coming up as half the points which seems to be a mistake, but the £150 in taxes looks to be a very deliberate thing. There is a little ticket icon by some flights and the information states that it is a special flat rate for flights with the icon.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyElles
Excited about Disney

Return tickets to Atlanta over Easter in first booked! No idea if it will happen but it’s a great deal. Fingers crossed.
Disney Magic: 2019, 2021, 2022
DVC owner since 2018
DisneyElles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I managed to cancel some flights to Chicago yesterday and re-book (Biz to First).
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wembleygal View Post
I managed to cancel some flights to Chicago yesterday and re-book (Biz to First).
Excellent well done.

It's interesting, I really dont rate BAs first class product more than the Club one.

Have travelled first many times and maybe it's because I dont drink alcohol and my husband drinks moderately and food is not a big driver for me. All I want/need is a comfy seat, a flat bed and to be left alone. On night flights I dont even eat the meal I just go to sleep as I find I cope with the next day better.

Since BA have introduced the club suite with a door to shut out the world I would rather be there.

On one of my flights in first it took the crew ages to get the service done and the lights off where as club had been settle 2 hours before.

Not critical of anyone's choices just my thoughts.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

One of the things we like about First is the Concorde Room.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Excellent well done.

It's interesting, I really dont rate BAs first class product more than the Club one.

Have travelled first many times and maybe it's because I dont drink alcohol and my husband drinks moderately and food is not a big driver for me. All I want/need is a comfy seat, a flat bed and to be left alone. On night flights I dont even eat the meal I just go to sleep as I find I cope with the next day better.

Since BA have introduced the club suite with a door to shut out the world I would rather be there.

On one of my flights in first it took the crew ages to get the service done and the lights off where as club had been settle 2 hours before.

Not critical of anyone's choices just my thoughts.
First on the SFO route with legacy crew was amazing. Better than the ME3 biz imo. Doesn't compare to La Premiere etc but then BA First can be had for 1/4 of the price. I'd chose club suites over First for sure but when you can get an easy Avios upgrade or offer in this case on a route that doesn't have the club suite it's well worth it imo.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Wembleygal View Post
I did the same with some to Miami! And cheekily booked some more with the spare Avios ... it was worth the £70 to cancel
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Agreed, it's a bonus but not enough of one for me
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Unfortunately the T5 Concorde Room remains closed until further notice, temporarily replaced by the Concorde Terrace which has been established in the indoor terrace area of the Galleries First lounge. There are hints that the Concorde Room may reopen before Christmas, but then again the staff were previously told it would reopen in July, so it's simply a case of wait and see.

In fairness to BA, the Concorde Terrace is done pretty well and it's some of the same staff moved over from the Concorde Room, but of course things like the cocktail bar and the restaurant seating are missing.

More generally, I would and do fly First over Club World at pretty much every opportunity, for dine-on-demand, fewer people in the cabin and a bigger seat/suite. Of course, it depends what you value, and the onboard catering itself is currently a much-diminished offering. The advent of the Club Suite does close the gap anyway, and 4 class aircraft with Club Suite fitted have First reduced to 8 seats.

The 50% off is an attractive offer, still weighing up Easter, which sadly is not looking as high a probability of travelling to the USA as I would like.

Edited at 04:12 PM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List