Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Feb 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Hiring a care for a day or so

Hi,

I am looking to do a split stay next year & thinking about hiring a car for a day or so. Can anyone offer any guidance on this?

We won't be using it for the parks, more just to have some freedom to roam & shop.

Ideally I'd like a car to be delivered to our hotel (or we can collect if necessary) and then we'd have the car for 1 - 3 days. Is this something to hotel might arrange? I know most people collect a car from the airport but I really don't want the stress of driving from the airport (yes I know I'm a wimp).

I'd be interested to know how much we'd expect to pay per day for a short period of hire & what the best advice is regarding insurance & collision damage waiver.

Any recommendations of places to hire from would also be appreciated.

Tia
Old 24 Feb 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We always hire a car from the airport but maybe I can partially answer your question.

Are you staying at a Disney hotel by any chance? If so there's a Disney Car Centre where you can collect a hire car and they will collect you by shuttle. Not sure for other hotels I'm afraid.

Andy at DFCH is a well respected car hire broker. Have alook here for some ideas on cost etc. If Andy's on line here he may be able to advise on collection from other hotels. Andy will include all the insurance that you need.

discountfloridacarhire/

Mick
Old 24 Feb 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We always hire a car from the airport but maybe I can partially answer your question.

Are you staying at a Disney hotel by any chance? If so there's a Disney Car Centre where you can collect a hire car and they will collect you by shuttle. Not sure for other hotels I'm afraid.

Andy at DFCH is a well respected car hire broker. Have alook here for some ideas on cost etc. If Andy's on line here he may be able to advise on collection from other hotels. Andy will include all the insurance that you need.

discountfloridacarhire/

Mick
Thanks Mick. We won't be staying at a Disney hotel on the first week but we are on the 2nd week so we could take the car back with no issue when we change hotels.
Old 24 Feb 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by suecee View Post
Thanks Mick. We won't be staying at a Disney hotel on the first week but we are on the 2nd week so we could take the car back with no issue when we change hotels.
If you type Orlando Walt Disney Car Care Centre into location pick up on Andy's site you'll at least get some ideas on cost.

Mick
Old 24 Feb 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Hi Suecee
The car rental companies have offices dotted around the area... Alamo have one at the Rosen Center on idrive and another at the Disney Car Care Center. As mick states, Alamo offer a courtesy shuttle service form Disney Hotels, parks and from Disney Springs... Alamo tends to be the more popular rental company, certainly when collecting from the airports because of their online check in / skip the counter.

Other rental companies such as Budget / Avis / Hertz and Dollar all have offices along idrive, Disney Springs and on the 192 nr Kissimmee Old Town.

Unfortunately the rental companies won't deliver the vehicle to your hotel (unless you're staying in a hotel with a car rental company on site).

Prices are based on 24 hr blocks so avoid entering times that would take you an hour or two in to a new block.

Prices I quote are fully inclusive of the required insurances, taxes and fee's... Avoid websites that offer prices in £'s as they tend to be aimed at Americans and don't include the required insurances.

If you look on my website, leave the collection and return location as the same in order to get a quote.. For bookings more than 12 months in advance that require a one way rental, we have to manually adjust this.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Hi Suecee
The car rental companies have offices dotted around the area... Alamo have one at the Rosen Center on idrive and another at the Disney Car Care Center. As mick states, Alamo offer a courtesy shuttle service form Disney Hotels, parks and from Disney Springs... Alamo tends to be the more popular rental company, certainly when collecting from the airports because of their online check in / skip the counter.

Other rental companies such as Budget / Avis / Hertz and Dollar all have offices along idrive, Disney Springs and on the 192 nr Kissimmee Old Town.

Unfortunately the rental companies won't deliver the vehicle to your hotel (unless you're staying in a hotel with a car rental company on site).

Prices are based on 24 hr blocks so avoid entering times that would take you an hour or two in to a new block.

Prices I quote are fully inclusive of the required insurances, taxes and fee's... Avoid websites that offer prices in £'s as they tend to be aimed at Americans and don't include the required insurances.

If you look on my website, leave the collection and return location as the same in order to get a quote.. For bookings more than 12 months in advance that require a one way rental, we have to manually adjust this.
Brilliant, thanks Andy. Not planning to go until next year but I'll check out your site if I decide to go ahead.