Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Feb 21, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Good Price in August from Man to MCO

Ok, so we still might not be able to go but couldn't resist posting this:

Early August indirect via DUB (so you clear immigration in Dublin)
from £380
(example 3rd to 17th Aug) - but some other dates
Includes 23kg checked bag
Advanced Seat Selection
And voucher if you choose not to fly

Found on Skyscanner
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

That’s a brilliant price. If I didn’t have bookings this year with the potential of vouchers for this I’d be tempted. However my wife has often ruled against me on this route due to the long wait In Dublin coming back. Rumour is they’ll also have a direct MAN to MCO flight but it won’t be these prices.
Old 26 Feb 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
Ok, so we still might not be able to go but couldn't resist posting this:

Early August indirect via DUB (so you clear immigration in Dublin)
from £380
(example 3rd to 17th Aug) - but some other dates
Includes 23kg checked bag
Advanced Seat Selection
And voucher if you choose not to fly

Found on Skyscanner
Is this booking direct with the airline or an on line travel agency? Many a time I've found a decent price through Skyscanner, only to find out it meant booking with a dodgy on line agency or the price didn't actually exist, or worse still, both!
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Both
If you check on Skyscanner you can see a link to buy on Aer Lingus's site directly
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Just checked and for us flying 10th to 28th August it's £590 each... not bad with decent flight times too.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

My Lufthansa flights for 21 August moved by 3 hours, meaning a 5 hour wait in Frankfurt. I cancelled and booked these instead, worked out £405 PP, so saved £800 as well (11 passengers)
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Lea1992
Trading Disney Pins

Just had a look as our Lufthansa flights got moved by 24 hours so we have cancelled for a refund.

Does anyone know how long to allow for connecting in Dublin?

Also I know no one really knows what is happening but if say:
US & UK had a travel corridor.
But then US & Ireland didn't.
Does anyone know where we would stand?

Thank you.
Lea1992 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lea1992 View Post
Just had a look as our Lufthansa flights got moved by 24 hours so we have cancelled for a refund.

Does anyone know how long to allow for connecting in Dublin?

Also I know no one really knows what is happening but if say:
US & UK had a travel corridor.
But then US & Ireland didn't.
Does anyone know where we would stand?

Thank you.
I think if you search for flights then they only present you with connecting flights that have sufficient time, don't they?

I've been thinking about your scenario and it's making my head hurt

I was thinking that if you don't leave the confines of the airport in a 'red zone' connecting airport, that your origin airport only might be the relevant one, and I did find this, relating to entry restrictions into Germany:

'Persons on connecting flights, who do not leave the transit zone of an international airport' are amongst a list of exclusions from the restrictions.

Having said that, we can only speculate as a country's entry restrictions are liable to change at any time according to the situation.

Edited at 01:05 PM.
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

One thing I’d heard that unlike BA, AL was really bad on refunds- is this true?
Old 28 Feb 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lea1992
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by deek72 View Post
I think if you search for flights then they only present you with connecting flights that have sufficient time, don't they?

I've been thinking about your scenario and it's making my head hurt

I was thinking that if you don't leave the confines of the airport in a 'red zone' connecting airport, that your origin airport only might be the relevant one, and I did find this, relating to entry restrictions into Germany:

'Persons on connecting flights, who do not leave the transit zone of an international airport' are amongst a list of exclusions from the restrictions.

Having said that, we can only speculate as a country's entry restrictions are liable to change at any time according to the situation.
Thank you for your reply.

I know what you mean about making your head heart 😂

My husband thought the same that if we didn't leave the airport have we technically been in a red zone country.

We had found a decent price for a BA flydrive into Miami, but it would be my first time driving in a different country so was unsure about the drive.

We can the AL flights for under 500 each with bags and seat selection the only thing holding me back from booking is going through Dublin!
Lea1992 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List