Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Mar 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Unfortunately this is not a new occurrence though it seems to be much more prevalent these days.
Part of my daily routine was to take my dog for a walk and stop at the local shop on the way home to buy a paper. One day a lady stopped me as I left the shop and told me there had been a spate of dog thefts from outside the shop. This was pre Covid.
I hope they get their dogs returned, it must be heartbreaking for them.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
It does seem to be happening a lot. I think you should have to have a license to sell pets. I also wonder what the punishment is if the thief gets caught. Probably not a good enough punishment to be a deterrent.
The scum who steal dogs often wait for a reward to be advertised from the owner and then even negotiate for a higher amount.

Sadly dog theft is currently treated as an item being stolen like a bike. There is talk of changing the law to make animal theft more of a serious crime.

Edited at 01:51 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by sashadog View Post
I’m in Crewe not far from Leighton hospital
I’m in Willaston just outside nantwich

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
Lisa-72 and Sashadog, I’m in Wistaston. Where do you both call home?
Originally Posted by sashadog View Post
I’m in Crewe not far from Leighton hospital
Small world - I live in Nantwich, where the dogs were taken from, I've probably become complacent over the years, thinking nothing like that ever happens in Nantwich. It just goes to show, it does happen everywhere, I hope they are found and returned to the owners, they must be devastated.
I've just seen it on my friends facebook, they are gorgeous dogs.
Old 28 Mar 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

There is CCTV footage of a young lad running down the street with the dogs, lets hope someone recognises him and they are found quickly.
Old 28 Mar 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
Small world - I live in Nantwich, where the dogs were taken from, I've probably become complacent over the years, thinking nothing like that ever happens in Nantwich. It just goes to show, it does happen everywhere, I hope they are found and returned to the owners, they must be devastated.
I've just seen it on my friends facebook, they are gorgeous dogs.
Small world indeed. It’s every other post on my Facebook feed plus it’s on Nantwich News, so let’s hope they have become to hot to handle🙏
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
Lisa-72 and Sashadog, I’m in Wistaston. Where do you both call home?
I used to live on manor avenue, just by the Tesco express and the garage/petrol station
Old 28 Mar 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I used to live on manor avenue, just by the Tesco express and the garage/petrol station
I live off Laidon Avenue, so just round the corner.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

It is a small world, I started work at cheshire planning dept, and looked after the Crewe and Nantwich area, for about 5 years often going on site visits, I know many of my work colleagues over the years have lived in that area. I think these dog nappers are the same group operating here to, cheshire/ Flintshire, it is enroute to the ferry at Holyhead. People here have posted on fb, pictures of the people and vehicles used. Anyone in a white van driving slowly around here will find themselves on our town fb page, people are really nervous 😀
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Police were in our local park lately warming dog owners of what is happening with dog stealing. Just a reminder to keep your dog's chip details up to date.

Hope the owner soon gets their dogs back.

Melvin and Lesley