Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Apr 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Nothing really bothers me at the airport. I’m going on holidaaaaay! All minor inconveniences and not worth my attention. Some people have never been through an airport before or are relative newbies, we were all that way once. We don’t take much hand luggage, but if people are allowed to, what difference does it make? I think knowing that people will be tutting about you makes you more nervous and then you take longer because you are flustered. I almost always get pulled over for a pat down by airport security and the reason is that I have big boobs! The underwire is then bigger and it sets off the scanners. This has happened to me so many times now, that I have to wear a sports bra with no metal in it. A kindly security lady in Miami told me what it was, believe me I didn’t want to be holding everyone up, I had no belt, no keys, no jewellery, no change in my pockets etc so apologies to everyone that I may have annoyed over the years, I don’t really think it was my fault, but knowing everyone is shooting you daggers in the queue is really no help at all.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Nothing really bothers me at the airport. I’m going on holidaaaaay! All minor inconveniences and not worth my attention. Some people have never been through an airport before or are relative newbies, we were all that way once. We don’t take much hand luggage, but if people are allowed to, what difference does it make? I think knowing that people will be tutting about you makes you more nervous and then you take longer because you are flustered. I almost always get pulled over for a pat down by airport security and the reason is that I have big boobs! The underwire is then bigger and it sets off the scanners. This has happened to me so many times now, that I have to wear a sports bra with no metal in it. A kindly security lady in Miami told me what it was, believe me I didn’t want to be holding everyone up, I had no belt, no keys, no jewellery, no change in my pockets etc so apologies to everyone that I may have annoyed over the years, I don’t really think it was my fault, but knowing everyone is shooting you daggers in the queue is really no help at all.
Pretty much what I was going to post!

(Well apart from the sports bra bit!)
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Also the ones who head for the toilets the minute the seat belt sign goes off.
There are toilets at most departure gates
Too much pre-flight beer?
Or maybe IBS brought on by anxiety ( just saying )
We were on a bus from Rotterdam to Amsterdam once and someone was in the loo, the lady had IBS and didnt make it, she had to "go" in a carrier bag at the back of the bus, she was mortified , it wasnt nice .

Edited at 12:52 PM.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Typical UK travellers taking up seats at the MCO gates with feet, bags and other bits and bobs.

Selfish toe rags
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Also the ones who head for the toilets the minute the seat belt sign goes off.
There are toilets at most departure gates
Too much pre-flight beer?
You'd love me - I often need to use the toilet as soon as the sign goes off.

I don't drink alcohol, or have any health conditions but for whatever reason I always need to go even if I used the facilities before departure...

I am certain it is in my head but lets not try the alternative!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I’m feeling a little sad at the thought of not being able to travel yet again this year, so all the valid complaints and niggles in this thread are just making me wish I could actually experience them again 😂

I never thought the idea of getting run over by a child on a trunki, barged out of the way in a queue by someone whose seat number hadn’t been called, hit in the head by someone getting their hand luggage down from the overhead locker 5 minutes after takeoff, and then run over by luggage trolleys and knocked over by people pushing in front of me at the red line by the luggage carousel would be so appealing 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
We were on a bus from Rotterdam to Amsterdam once and someone was in the loo, the lady had IBS and didnt make it, she had to "go" in a carrier bag at the back of the bus, she was mortified , it wasnt nice .
Oh the poor lady.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
quiddity
Apprentice Imagineer

quiddity's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Everyone racing to get on/off the plane. We've got to wait for everyone to get on & getting off there's no rush as you'll still have to wait for your luggage!

Whole families crowding around the luggage belt. Just have 1 person there the everyone can get in.
7/2/12-9/2/12 cheyenne DLP for 1st time!
28/09/12-12/10/12 clarion inn LBV again again!
quiddity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
If it was a Bag for Life she could return it for a new one. Got to look on the bright side of things.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Have to agree with others about the rugby scrum that is the Virgin Atlantic/BA boarding gate at MCO. There's no crowd control whatsoever in place and hundreds of people are standing and blocking the entire gate in their desperate attempt to board first. If you're flying in Upper/Business or Premium, you literally have to push your way through because they simply won't move. I'm 6'4" and built like a brick s-house. Trust me...they move!
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List