Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Apr 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Insurance in case vaccines are required

Has anyone taken out an insurance policy which covers them in case the travel announcement states that all adults must be fully vaccinated?

Dh will be fully vaccinated but I won’t unless things speed up
Old 24 Apr 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I haven’t seen any that include that personally but I would guess if the government decided to change it so vaccines were required to travel then your insurance would be fine if you bought it prior to that notice just like how people who had insurance policies prior to covid happening had their policies honoured as they booked with no prior knowledge of it happening. Hopefully that made sense! I’m not always the best at explaining myself!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
That makes perfect sense thank you, we have insurance now but was worried about having to be fully vaccinated like the cruise lines are asking
Old 24 Apr 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

We got our insurance with staysure i think it's called but we are in the same boat there is no way OH and I will be fully vaccinated if they don't speed things up and OH doesn't want a vaccination anyway (personal preference) so I hope to god they pay out is they become mandatory to fly with x
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by staceyb View Post
We got our insurance with staysure i think it's called but we are in the same boat there is no way OH and I will be fully vaccinated if they don't speed things up and OH doesn't want a vaccination anyway (personal preference) so I hope to god they pay out is they become mandatory to fly with x
They won't pay out in the case of needing vaccination if the only reason you can't comply is personal choice.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Stacey, if you are serious about going to the US then realistically you need to do all you can to persuade your OH to get vaccinated.

Cannot see the US allowing anyone in who has not been vaccinated!

Hope I am wrong but just can't see the authorities allowing an unvaccinated tourist to gain access
Old 24 Apr 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
We are with staysure also
Old 25 Apr 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

What if he hasnt been called up for his vaccination by the time we go, or only has had 1 jab by then. He's 29 so not close to the age bracket yet to have his. What about children?
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What if he hasnt been called up for his vaccination by the time we go, or only has had 1 jab by then. He's 29 so not close to the age bracket yet to have his. What about children?
I think it would all comes down to you booking a holiday during a global pandemic, you knew the risks etc, if the US government request both vaccinations to gain entry to the USA and you haven't had them, then that is not an insurance companies problem and they may look at it as such. Stay Sure cover for covid if you have to cancel due to catching covid, or if a family member passes away due to covid, it says nothing about the event of not having vaccines. You may need to call them to clarify this. As far as I know, there is no mention of under 18's needing to be vaccinated.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I think it would all comes down to you booking a holiday during a global pandemic, you knew the risks etc, if the US government request both vaccinations to gain entry to the USA and you haven't had them, then that is not an insurance companies problem and they may look at it as such. Stay Sure cover for covid if you have to cancel due to catching covid, or if a family member passes away due to covid, it says nothing about the event of not having vaccines. You may need to call them to clarify this. As far as I know, there is no mention of under 18's needing to be vaccinated.
I can't wait for Boris's next speech, hopefully he can clarify things 🙏