Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Apr 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

We are really lucky and one of our friends takes our dog out every week day for around an hour. We give her £50 a month, a nice Xmas and birthday present and the occasional massage or take her and hubby for a meal. Even when we are on holiday she comes to take out the dog as she loves it.

It started as a short term favour when my place of work changed and there’s no real need now I WFH but they love each other .
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I walk my neighbours' dog. They offered me £10 but really I'd be happy to pay them £10 so don't push it too much with your friend if she says no.

Or you could give her the odd voucher / choccy bar ... Unless you think she needs the money; in which case the arrangement as the above poster

Edited at 08:13 PM.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
£12 per hour for a walk, £30 per night for sleep over but if sleep over is required during a bank holiday it is £60 per night. I think I missed my vocation in life!
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

My dog Walker charges £10 per hour but has our dog for a lot longer than an hour. We now use her for daycare and it’s £20 per day. Whisky gets dropped off at 7:30 on my way to work and I collect her just after 5pm.
Holiday price is very reasonable as well. She takes whisky and treats her like one of her own pets and visits my 2 (previous 3) cats to feed them daily for £30. The first time whisky stayed with her she slept on the dog walkers pillow🤣
Old 24 Apr 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia Organa
Excited about Disney

I am £10 per day for an individual walk.
Leia Organa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

My friends dog goes to doggy day care. I dread to think how is much it is but the care is better than you give children at Nursery. Lots of updates.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
My friends dog goes to doggy day care. I dread to think how is much it is but the care is better than you give children at Nursery. Lots of updates.
We have a doggy day care other side of our town, they regularly have fun days like pirate days, paddling pools on hot days with ice lollies, games etc. Photos on facebook. Yep better than the kids nursery
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Dog walkers round here in Essex are approx £12/hr for a group walk and £15/hr for an individual walk. They are usually DBS checked, and have a canine first aid certificate.

Doggy day care is approx £18-£25/ day so we are going to use this option when needed.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You have to remember that minimum wage is pushing a tenner an hour nowadays.

So if they are walking your dog on its own £10 is the absolute minimum you should be charged.

Then consider that to do an hour's walk there is a bunch of "faff" in collecting and returning and you can see an hour's walk quickly becomes more like 1.5

Also group walk are recommended to be limited to 4 dogs or less - whilst technically you can walk more if something happened they'd be in trouble.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Just booked our Willow in for a week overnight stay, only charging £25 per night. Way better than kennels in my opinion. Stays in owners home, has own room with her crate and bedding so should feel at home.