Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by staceyb View Post
I can't wait for Boris's next speech, hopefully he can clarify things 🙏
Nothing to do with Boris, this is all about what the country you travel to is asking you to prove in order to be allowed in.

I would love Boris to give out more details, but this issue is not one he has any say over
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Nothing to do with Boris, this is all about what the country you travel to is asking you to prove in order to be allowed in.

I would love Boris to give out more details, but this issue is not one he has any say over
So when will they be making a definite decision and letting us know about foreign travel, what tests are needed, vaccines etc? I thought that was going to be included in his next briefing? Will that not be included then. I know there will be a traffic light system and appreciate that this could change frequently 🤦🏻
staceyb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by staceyb View Post
So when will they be making a definite decision and letting us know about foreign travel, what tests are needed, vaccines etc? I thought that was going to be included in his next briefing? Will that not be included then. I know there will be a traffic light system and appreciate that this could change frequently 🤦🏻
The traffic light system is from the UK government to say where we can go, but all that is a moot point if the government of where we want to go say no to UK visitors, or they say there are restrictions in terms of who they let in. So if Boris says yes, you can travel to the USA, but Mr Biden says no, no UK visitors allowed, then we can't go. Equally, if Biden says yes to UK visitors, but you must have had both vaccines and do a PCR test, they that's the only way you're getting in. So if your other half refuses a vaccine, then he's not getting in to the USA, regardless of if the US administration says they are open to us. I personally can't see many countries allowing overseas travellers without both vaccines, but that's just me.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
The traffic light system is from the UK government to say where we can go, but all that is a moot point if the government of where we want to go say no to UK visitors, or they say there are restrictions in terms of who they let in. So if Boris says yes, you can travel to the USA, but Mr Biden says no, no UK visitors allowed, then we can't go. Equally, if Biden says yes to UK visitors, but you must have had both vaccines and do a PCR test, they that's the only way you're getting in. So if your other half refuses a vaccine, then he's not getting in to the USA, regardless of if the US administration says they are open to us. I personally can't see many countries allowing overseas travellers without both vaccines, but that's just me.
I agree with the exception of some notable European destinations (Portugal, Spain, Greece) who have already said that vaccination proof (both jabs) or PVR negative test within 72 hours of travel will be enough
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I agree with the exception of some notable European destinations (Portugal, Spain, Greece) who have already said that vaccination proof (both jabs) or PVR negative test within 72 hours of travel will be enough
I thought that there would something to do with those sort of countries, I just never pay any attention to them. We are going to Gibraltar in Oct though (just dh & I, both under 40 but had both vaccines) & my parents will be hopefully going to Tenerife for a month in November (72 and had both jabs) so fingers crossed.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

I concur.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Jools
Getting Excited

Ask your insurance the question... We were one of the first affected last year and my insurance did not cover a blooming thing as their policy did not cover pandemic. I know some are changing policies now but I guess will be more expensive. Good luck!
Old 26 Apr 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Let’s hope our vaccinations pick up again then or no one under 30 or even under 40 (who wasn’t lucky enough to get one with their job) will get to go away this summer.

They should have saved the Moderna vaccines we have now to start on the under 30s.

Edited at 12:33 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Let’s hope our vaccinations pick up again then or no one under 30 or even under 40 (who wasn’t lucky enough to get one with their job) will get to go away this summer.

They should have saved the Moderna vaccines we have now to start on the under 30s.
I disagree, the priority is still to vaccinate in the prescribed order of need.

I say this as someone whose plans will be severely impacted by this decision as our 19 yr old child won't have been vaccinated by the summer as it currently stands.

However a small bit of imposition on us as a family is a small price to pay when compared with the possible death or severe illness of someone older who needed the vaccine
Old 26 Apr 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Kind of in the same boat as go
In august and not much hope of having had the 2nd dose as 38.

Hoping they will get the single dose janssen vaccine on the go before then so the younger can still have some sort of holiday.

Loads of positive reports about the level of Protection after a single dose, you would like to
Think high vaccine rates and at least 1 dose will be enough for a bridge between the USA and U.K.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List