Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Apr 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyxxSarah
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

So stressed please help!

Hiya,

We are thinking of booking the staycation cruise tomorrow (Tilbury 14 Sept) for me, hubby and out 15 month old (will be 20 months in sept).

Hubby and I are early 30s so it's very unlikely we'll be vaccinated fully by sept - unless we are called for vaccine in next 6 weeks. My mental health isn't great atm and i'm not sure i could cope very well waiting and then potentially cancelling due to not being vaccinated in time. But then if i don't book i'll feel lile we've missed out, especially if we are vaccinated in time.

I'm desperate to take our little girl to disney but due to my anxiety, not sure i would cope well on flights with her if she is unsettled. A cruise from UK seems to be the perfect solution. We could wait but in the next few years we'll be tryingfor our second baby.

Now, there are other cruises next year, to norway or even from Barcelona which we could drive to.

Should we book for next year (it's all so uncertain and there may be travel restrictions in place - disney aren't offering the same level of booking protection for these cruises either!)

What would you do! All views welcome! Xx
Old 29 Apr 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

In my personal opinion , if it's going to make you anxious ,dont do it. The staycation cruises are very short, the last day doesnt count as they have you off the ship early . I also think they are very expensive compared to other staycation cruises.
If flying to florida is going to also make you anxious ,then why not do Paris, you can go in your car, eurostar or even if you do fly it's only an hour. That to me is a much better option
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyxxSarah View Post
Hiya,

We are thinking of booking the staycation cruise tomorrow (Tilbury 14 Sept) for me, hubby and out 15 month old (will be 20 months in sept).

Hubby and I are early 30s so it's very unlikely we'll be vaccinated fully by sept - unless we are called for vaccine in next 6 weeks. My mental health isn't great atm and i'm not sure i could cope very well waiting and then potentially cancelling due to not being vaccinated in time. But then if i don't book i'll feel lile we've missed out, especially if we are vaccinated in time.

I'm desperate to take our little girl to disney but due to my anxiety, not sure i would cope well on flights with her if she is unsettled. A cruise from UK seems to be the perfect solution. We could wait but in the next few years we'll be tryingfor our second baby.

Now, there are other cruises next year, to norway or even from Barcelona which we could drive to.

Should we book for next year (it's all so uncertain and there may be travel restrictions in place - disney aren't offering the same level of booking protection for these cruises either!)

What would you do! All views welcome! Xx
Hello DisneyxxSarah
Try not to stress too much about not having your vaccinations in time (sorry - that's easy for me to say I know) I just did a quick check on the Omni Calculator:
omnicalculator/healt...-queue-england
I gave your ages at 32 and this is the result:
Your vaccine queue results
🚶🚶🚶🚶🏿🚶🚶🚶
Based on your profile, you are in priority Group 11.
Given an uptake of 92.5%, there are between 3,528,549 and 8,730,865 people in front of you in the queue for a first dose of COVID vaccine across England.
📅 Given a vaccination rate of 2,991,484 a week and an uptake of 92.5%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 19/05/2021 and 18/06/2021.

You should then get your second dose by between 11/08/2021 and 10/09/2021.

Last 7 days vaccination rate calculated using daily data from gov.uk's vaccination dashboard.

In my opinion the Omni gives a reasonably good timeline case scenario indication relevant to the info you input. - the groups are moving down really quickly now so I'm pretty sure you will be
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyxxSarah
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Wow thanks so much, i had no idea this tool existed! It's certainly given me hope and will help us think through things. Thanks again! X
Old 29 Apr 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyxxSarah View Post
Wow thanks so much, i had no idea this tool existed! It's certainly given me hope and will help us think through things. Thanks again! X
You're so welcome, happy to offer some hope
It might be a good idea to keep an eye on your GP surgery's social media and make sure that they have up to date info for you both. Ie: mobile number and email as they will probably text you or email if the don't get a reply.

Do come back and let us know how things are going
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

It should be a holiday and planning should be part of the experience. Personally, if it was me and making me stressed then I wouldnt do it. The build up and wait to see if you got your SECOND vaccination before sailing would be even more stressful. It isnt worth your health.

As others have said, the 2N cruises are late on, full day, early off. Dont get caught up in the staycation offer frenzy, take a step back and see if there is something a little more concrete that you can do instead. Perhaps for the same money you could look at a eurostar trip to DLP? Driving is also quite acceptable, the drive is very very easy, even in a RHD car. We have driven, flown, Eurostar'd and all were fine. We've been with 14 month olds all the way to teens.

Driving means you can take as much gear as you want in the car too!
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

A holiday that gives you anxiety is not a holiday!

I would plan something else that you feel comfortable with.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We are in our 30's and have decided not to book as the not knowing if and when we will be vaccinated is a worry I could do without too.

I just wanted to let you know we took our LB when he was 14 month old for 2 weeks to Florida and it was such a great holiday, I was really worried about the plane journey too but it wasn't half as bad as I had made it out it could have been in my head. Disney are so accommodating to little ones too which made it so easy. We took him on a cruise (not disney) when he was a little over 2 that was trickier
MrsEgg is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List