Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 May 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Thank you so much
Lindasarahlou for sending me vinyl samples! I didn’t expect so many! Did you make the card? It’s lovely
I can’t wait to get started -again!
Hopefully this time it will work out!
xx
Old 1 May 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lindasarahlou
slightly serious Dibber

You're very welcome. I have my fingers crossed you get some success this time, and yes I did make the card! Card making/stamping is my favourite craft and why I purchased my SnC in the first place, although I seem to more time designing svgs and cutting these days than I should!
Let us know how you get on.
90 Orlando/Clearwater; 92 Orlando/Daytona,Ft Laud, Keys, Everglades, Naples/Clearwater 95 Cedar Point, Niagara, Orlando 02 (now with kids!) DLP Santa Fe 04 Lindfields 07 Doral Woods/Daytona 500; 07 Sanctuary Westhaven; 10 Calabay Parc; 13 Highlands Reserve 15 DC, Smokies Coasters Cumbrian Lakes 16 Toronto Cedar Point Niagara + coasters 17 Highlands Reserve 18 NY 18 Vegas & Canyons 19 West Stonebridge 23 California Coasters
lindasarahlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lindasarahlou View Post
You're very welcome. I have my fingers crossed you get some success this time, and yes I did make the card! Card making/stamping is my favourite craft and why I purchased my SnC in the first place, although I seem to more time designing svgs and cutting these days than I should!
Let us know how you get on.
That card is beautiful, how did you get the lines that are above the butterfly and Hello?
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lindasarahlou
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
That card is beautiful, how did you get the lines that are above the butterfly and Hello?
They are stamped paintbrush strokes, just repeat stamped in three colours.
90 Orlando/Clearwater; 92 Orlando/Daytona,Ft Laud, Keys, Everglades, Naples/Clearwater 95 Cedar Point, Niagara, Orlando 02 (now with kids!) DLP Santa Fe 04 Lindfields 07 Doral Woods/Daytona 500; 07 Sanctuary Westhaven; 10 Calabay Parc; 13 Highlands Reserve 15 DC, Smokies Coasters Cumbrian Lakes 16 Toronto Cedar Point Niagara + coasters 17 Highlands Reserve 18 NY 18 Vegas & Canyons 19 West Stonebridge 23 California Coasters

Edited at 05:30 PM.
lindasarahlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

After a week of looking after my mum- she had a bad reaction to an infusion I’ve finally been able to fire up the maker! Ive spent a couple of hours making this wine glass I know it’s not perfect and the spacing isn’t great but hey ho it’s a start!
Old 8 May 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
After a week of looking after my mum- she had a bad reaction to an infusion I’ve finally been able to fire up the maker! Ive spent a couple of hours making this wine glass I know it’s not perfect and the spacing isn’t great but hey ho it’s a start!
Sorry to hear about your Mum.
We all have to start somewhere. I'm pleased you got there in the end.
Michelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

I used transfer tape first but it was too sticky so I had to redo all over again and used masking tape
I originally did the test in 3 separate boxes and then couldn’t work out how to group altogether
And when I text it all in one box
As it is on the glass when I came to make it it was like this pre make -
therapyliquidnets
Where as I wanted it as
Nets
liquid
therapy
Can any one help? What did I miss out/ do wrong!
Old 8 May 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

I used transfer tape first but it was too sticky so I had to redo all over again and used masking tape
I originally did the test in 3 separate boxes and then couldn’t work out how to group altogether
And when I text it all in one box
As it is on the glass when I came to make it it was like this pre make -
therapyliquidnets
Where as I wanted it as
Nets
liquid
therapy
Can any one help? What did I miss out/ do wrong!
Edited to add, if you have facebook, there are a lot of really helpful groups for cricut beginners.

Sorry I haven’t read all the thread so not sure what issues you’ve had up to now.

When you type out the text, you can alter spacing of the letters either by - in edit or ungroup and do it manually.

When you are happy with what you have on the screen, if you weld it, it will stay with what you want when you go to make it.

Sorry if thats not what you were asking, but i hope thats of some help.
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

That’s great it’s the weld I forgot to do
Old 8 May 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

That’s great it’s the weld I forgot to do
If you forget to weld, you can move it around on the make it screen. If you click on each segment you can move it around the mat area (if that makes sense).

Also, you probably made a good decision in doing the words separately on a glass, it’s sometimes difficult to get it smooth when working on a curved surface.

Keep at it, it really is practice, practice, practice. I can’t tell you how much i wasted at the beginning 😂
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List