Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 May 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
chipndalefan
Excited about Disney

DCL Staycation dinner seating

I've never been on a DCL cruise, but understand you are normally allocated shared tables with other parties for dinner.

I'm assuming that parties will now need to be seated separately due to social distancing.

Has there been any announcements on dinner seating for the UK cruises?
chipndalefan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

They've said that you can only sit with your family/travel party. I can't find where now, but I've definitely read it.

Edited at 06:58 PM.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

I've found it now. On the 'Know Before You Go' it states "Dining room seating will be staggered to accommodate physical distancing. Guests will be assigned to the same table and service team for dinner, with one family or travel party per table."
Old 2 May 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyElles
Excited about Disney

I actually prefer this... on our first cruise whilst we did have a nice table but they didn’t always show up which meant I always felt a bit anxious about whether we should start our meal or not!

Very silly in hindsight but looking forward to having a table for two!
Disney Magic: 2019, 2021, 2022
DVC owner since 2018
DisneyElles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Does anyone know how the rotation will work for the 2 night cruises?

There’s not going to be enough time for dinner in all 3 main restaurants but I’m assuming there’s no fewer people to feed each night? With 2 of the restaurants essentially being dinner shows, how are they going to allocate it ‘fairly’ and what happens if someone is upset with their rotation? I’d imagine it’s hard work allocating in normal times, but even more so with 1 table / party and distancing rules!
Old 2 May 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
You can request a particular rotation but it's not guaranteed.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

I would also say it the norm that one of the three restaurants are open for breakfast and lunch on each day. With no buffets and social distancing I am wondering if there may be two or all three. So whilst you may miss one on main dining you should still be able to go in the missed one. The one. That one is usually not open for lunch or breakfast is animators palette, so if you request I would put that on in your main dining rotation.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by assos View Post
Does anyone know how the rotation will work for the 2 night cruises?

There’s not going to be enough time for dinner in all 3 main restaurants but I’m assuming there’s no fewer people to feed each night? With 2 of the restaurants essentially being dinner shows, how are they going to allocate it ‘fairly’ and what happens if someone is upset with their rotation? I’d imagine it’s hard work allocating in normal times, but even more so with 1 table / party and distancing rules!
I suspect they will try to meet any requests and then (rightly or wrongly) assume that everyone else either doesn’t know what the options are or doesn’t mind where they eat 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
I would also say it the norm that one of the three restaurants are open for breakfast and lunch on each day. With no buffets and social distancing I am wondering if there may be two or all three. So whilst you may miss one on main dining you should still be able to go in the missed one. The one. That one is usually not open for lunch or breakfast is animators palette, so if you request I would put that on in your main dining rotation.
That’s good to know!

From what I’ve read so far, Cabanas (the buffet) is open but is no longer self service.
Old 3 May 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
That’s good to know!

From what I’ve read so far, Cabanas (the buffet) is open but is no longer self service.
My understanding too, we don’t use Cabanas much TBH. Prefer the sit down and room service. We pop there for a few bits occasionally.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List