Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Apr 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
As far as we know prom will be on the 9th July but we haven't had any details since about November. The venue had already been provisionally booked last year before covid but we're waiting to hear if it's still going ahead. DD does have a dress that we also bought early last year but it may need adjusting. Think she wants to wear Converse with it. She txt me excited this morning as she thinks the leavers hoodies have arrived.
Had a letter today confirming they finish on the 28th May. It also said this...

We would normally hold a Leavers’ assembly on the final day for Year 11, but this will depend on DFE
guidance. This also applies to the Prom. Currently we remain uncertain as to whether this can go
ahead and therefore any purchases and bookings are made at your discretion.

Still no clearer on what's happening about prom. I hope they decide soon.
Orlando 2004 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermum
Getting Excited

Orlando2004, it has taken the school all this time just to confirm the leaving date, and that was even with the 28th May was listed on a couple of handouts the kids given when back to classroom learning, oh and a comment from the the Head of Year to DD prior to Easter about she only had school until the end of May.

DD isn't sure about the Prom going ahead and is only half heartedly looking at dresses. I guess we have to wait and see.
Tinkermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

DS has a prom being held in the local Marriott hotel on the 25t of June. We bought him a suit in Debenhams as its closing down. It was a bargain really so wont be too upset if its cancelled unlike DDs prom dress from last year that is still in the wardrobe unused
We haven't heard from the school when he finishing though x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sukey
Excited about Disney

My daughters school sent out a questionnaire before Easter saying prom was booked for 25th June but wanted feedback from parents to see if it was viable. Questions included would you be happy to pay £30 for a ticket for something that may not go ahead? Would you be happy to spend money on an outfit? Would you be happy for 250 pupils to be together indoors? There were other questions that I can’t remember. We then received an email to say based on the responses the prom was cancelled. They said they are now considering alternative ways for the students to celebrate and will be letting us know shortly.
Sukey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Yes my D is, and we bought the dress today!
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
JessieJohnson
slightly serious Dibber

No school told us on Friday that they'll be having a leavers Bbq at least its something but she's not very enthusiastic.
September 1997 Sheraton Inn Lakeside & Hilton Marco Island November 2000 Vistana Resort LBV November 2001 Vistana Villages I-Drive September 2002 Vistana Villages I-Drive October 2005 Cypress Pointe LBV Oct 2006 Cypress Pointe October 2007 Lake Berkley August 2024 High Grove
JessieJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We had just about got DD over the disappointment of no prom but now she is finding that the other schools in the town are organizing something. She is so upset and I do feel sorry for them all.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We had just about got DD over the disappointment of no prom but now she is finding that the other schools in the town are organizing something. She is so upset and I do feel sorry for them all.
same here all her pals who goto other schools are still having proms as planned... one also doing a Y11 trip to a theme park
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
same here all her pals who goto other schools are still having proms as planned... one also doing a Y11 trip to a theme park
She can’t wait to leave now and won’t entertain staying on at the sixth form. It would be understandable if all the schools were doing the same but others are managing.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Not here as far as I’m aware.
Tbh, my son wouldn’t go anyway.
Still waiting to hear when they officially finish too. Although he is staying on at sixth form, so will be back in September.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List