Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 May 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Our 3 sons (16, 14, 11) are just the same at times, especially when they’re in their rooms playing on the games with each other. They don’t swear at home but they’re constantly calling each other trashcan and other names if they miss a shot. It’s all very competitive. The play Rocket League (but more for the trading element, which can get worryingly addictive), Fortnite and the older one plays Rainbow Six Siege. The speed at which they play and the level of control is remarkable (particularly when they’re building). It was never like this on the Atari!
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Our sons are now 34 and 31 and DD is 20, they all have/do enjoy gaming and often shout at the screen and occasionally swear. I feel this is just letting off steam by getting immersed in the game.

I think throwing the controllers and breaking them is taking it too far and punching a wall is definitely too aggressive and would worry me.

I think it’s also a case of balance with the time spent gaming. All of my children can spend a whole day playing or can play every day, however they don’t play all day every day. They always did their homework before gaming and at exam periods they didn’t play at all as they were revising.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Jan. My Son was the same and that was 15+ years ago!

One of us was always shouting upstairs to him - 'stop swearing'

He grew out of it and once he started working games went out of the window thankfully.
I wish my 27 year old eldest DS had grown out of it! He is a maths teacher in a secondary school so has a responsible job but comes home and acts like a teenager (shouting but not hitting walls) on his XBox (COD). His younger brother is 25 and although he has an Xbox in his room, he plays just a few hours a week on Friday night.
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m 52 and I still haven’t grown out of it
Old 6 May 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

DS who has just gone 14 is the same. Quite often though he is just getting over excited with his friends and they are all trying to shout over each other - I used to think he was super mean as he would say things like "wow you are SO BAD at this game, why are you even playing" but he said they all say stuff so I listened in and right enough when one of them says something like that the others just laugh and they all rib each other saying stuff.

He did go through a phase of banging his controller down but they both eventually broke and he had to replace them and I told him it was the banging (even if it was just over use haha) and he doesn't do it anymore. If he is getting angry and loud I just shout his name and say "calm it down or turn it off" and he simmers right down - as for swearing, we think we have heard him a few times but just the word "bloody" but the other day I thought he said the F word but he was adamant he said Fricking - we gave him the benefit of the doubt as hes a good kid, does fantastically in school, is polite to us & his sister, he has taken to saying "oh my days" as my mum scolded him for saying "oh my god" all the time
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

My DS was the same at that age and had a broken TV screen to show for it, he has grown out of it. He now knows if FIFA (usually the main culprit) is winding him up, to stop playing it.

Edited at 10:27 AM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List