Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 7 May 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We watched Bill & Ted Face the Music. Don't bother! I found it really depressing. I loved Bill and Ted back in the day, and as much as Keanu and Alex are still "most excellent", seeing them as middle aged men playing the same characters really made me uneasy.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Just finished watching Captain Phillips with Tom Hanks,a great watch.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

We’ve just watched The Terminal, another Tom Hanks movie. Found it a bit slow to begin with but really enjoyed it in the end.
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Unhinged, watched it through my fingers
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Pixie; really enjoyed it; very Irish film that made us laugh.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We watched Rocketman... the Elton John one. Dd put it on - her friend's little brother is the first Reggie - in the background and we were all drawn to it.
Really engaging film due to the music, not sure if I "liked" it or not.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Zombieland 2 for us last night. It was ok, if you've seen the first one and liked it then you'll enjoy this, it's a bit of fun.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Just watched Nomadland. Oh dear! I have come to the conclusion I am a philistine. My taste is obviously way different from Academy Award juries. I am missing something.
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by quartergill View Post
Just watched Nomadland. Oh dear! I have come to the conclusion I am a philistine. My taste is obviously way different from Academy Award juries. I am missing something.
I haven't seen Nomadland, but I empathise anyway.

There used to be more crossover between films that entertained people (and made more money) and Oscar nominees/winners. Now they have to nominate films that are gritty and 'real' in a way that suits current politics. Fun has, mostly anyway, left the building!

With all this emphasis on mental health in society, we could do with more actual, practical applications, like films that are brighter and more uplifting.

Having said that , the last films I watched were Premonition (which was ok-ish. I like Sandra Bullock, but it was more of a half-watch and there were easy holes to pick in the story) and Stowaway (a sci-fi film, discussed on another thread) and Agatha Christie's Crooked House (wouldn't recommend, much better off watching a TV adaptation of Suchet as Poirot or Joan Hickson's Miss Marple).

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Watched Men In Black: International last night, it was quite enjoyable, won't win any awards though