Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Aug 10, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs chimp
Being a bit Goofy

Parking at Buc's game?

As the title says...

My wife has kindly bought me tickets to Buc's v Steelers at Tampa for my birthday, i've been to Tampa before but never to the stadium and i've no clue where to park.

i've seeen mentioned a couple of times on the forum that you can park in peoples gardens, how safe is this for a hired car? The other option is $25 at the stadium, i don't mind paying this but i'm not sure how easy it will be to get a space?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Liam
Mr & Mrs chimp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 10, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink259
Serious Dibber

Hey

We have been with a hired car and paid $5 to park in someones drive. Every road opens their land and driveways to people going to the games, it was fine when we went. After the game the roads are manic so a slow stroll back to the car should give the traffic time to ease. Most people park you well so you wont get blocked in.

Hope this helps, have no experience of paying for the stadium parking sorry.

19 times to DW Florida, 3 times to DLP... yes i am an addict!
Tink259 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 10, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs chimp
Being a bit Goofy

for $5, someones garden/driveway sounds ideal, i wasn't too sure if the car would be safe but if the locals are doing it i guess it will be safe enough for us too.

Thanks
Mr & Mrs chimp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 10, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink259
Serious Dibber

The closer you get to the stadium the more the locals charge you, i think the most we saw was $12. It's all very friendly, the locals have parties and bbq's in their gardens for passers by! You wouldn't find anywhere as friendly over here

19 times to DW Florida, 3 times to DLP... yes i am an addict!
Tink259 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 10, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
daz1107
Getting Excited

We always park in someone's garden! In my opinion, it's safer to leave the car there rather than in the official car park. There is less chance of it being pranged, and the house owner will keep an eye out on the car for you.

If you have a chat to them when you park up, they will also tell you the quickest way to walk to the ground, and also, the quickest way to get back on the interstate after the game.

I personally wouldn't spend $25 in the official car park
daz1107 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 10, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread