Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 26 Oct 18, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Ordering from US Disney Store online

Does anyone know if we can order from the US website 'shopdisney' where everything is priced in dollars/any issues I may have doing this?

I fell in love with a cutlery set when we were there in May and really want to buy it. I thought it would be a bit heavy to put in the suitcase, but it is available on the US Disney site - annoyingly not also on the UK site.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 05:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 27
Yes you can.
The cost of your order and shipping/handling is calculated in dollars, and converted to GBP on your credit card statement in the usual way.

You should receive an email from shop Disney confirming your order followed by another saying your order is on the way, and a tracking number and carrier.

My orders have been delivered by UPS. Be aware you will need to pay the import duty to the driver before they will handover your package. (Cash on delivery)

If you are signed up to UPS you’ll get an email with a delivery date and time and the amount of import fees due. (And an option to pay online)

Hope this helps
Old 26 Oct 18, 05:17 AM  
Link to this Post
blondie28143
Very Serious Dibber

Hello!
You can order with them, I have a few times but be mindful the postage costs are huge. Then you may be given a customs charge when it arrives.
What may soften the blow is they often give 20% off every couple of weeks, so if you go on and there isn't a code available, check back daily until here is one.
There is 40% off some items at the moment, but unfortunately (I've just looked) not on the cutlery.
I have the Mickey head cut out cutlery. 😊

blondie28143 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by blondie28143 View Post
Hello!
You can order with them, I have a few times but be mindful the postage costs are huge. Then you may be given a customs charge when it arrives.
What may soften the blow is they often give 20% off every couple of weeks, so if you go on and there isn't a code available, check back daily until here is one.
There is 40% off some items at the moment, but unfortunately (I've just looked) not on the cutlery.
I have the Mickey head cut out cutlery. 😊

Glad you meantioned the discount codes, I meant to add my post 😊

I purchased the Mickey Head flatwear for my DD and her DBf, it’s lovely and good quality too. Just checked back and the import duty was £30.37, not cheap but worth it and much cheaper than a flight to the US.
Old 26 Oct 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Thank you, that’s the cutlery I’m after!

I have a 15% off code from booking my hotel for next year but I think that’s just for the UK site... annoying about the high postage/import fees. Maybe I’ll just buy premium flights for next year and use it as an excuse to bring the set back within my 32kg allowance
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
blondie28143
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post

I have a 15% off code from booking my hotel for next year but I think that’s just for the UK site... annoying about the high postage/import fees. Maybe I’ll just buy premium flights for next year and use it as an excuse to bring the set back within my 32kg allowance
I think that's a plausible excuse to travel premium economy! 😁😁😁

blondie28143 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Alidoll
Chilling at Carribean Beach

I so wanted to buy those too but my case was already full to overflowing. Really wish the U.K. store sold them.
Alidoll is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

If you mean Virgin Premium Economy it's 23kg, not 32kg. Upper Class is 32kg.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook

Also meant to say that the Mickey Head Flatwear went out of stock a number of times before I eventually managed to get it. It was an engagement gift for my Dd and her DBF, I was just so relieved to get it that the import fees seemed unimportant. It really is much better quality than I expected.
Old 30 Oct 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
15isto2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
If you mean Virgin Premium Economy it's 23kg, not 32kg. Upper Class is 32kg.
3 x 32kg cases in upper, I did once manage to go over my 32kg limit but in my defence was only using one case.
15isto2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List