Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Dec 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Who is the most friendliest and unfriendliest celebrity you have encountered?

Great opportunity for “black catting” here 🤣

As the title states:

Unfriendliest: Martin Lewis, saw him approaching me at Kings X station as we met I said Good afternoon Mr Lewis ... he looked at me as if I had put an arrow into his heart, tutted, and walked off ... what a nice guy!

Friendliest:

Mrs Sharon Osbourne at Gatwick, I had just arrived on an early morning flight from Prague and she had arrived from LA... diminutive, perfectly turned out, chatty, friendly and a joy to encounter... let me take an early morning pic of her ... lovely woman.

So who have you encountered in these catergories?

Over to you ...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Victoria Wood was the loveliest sweetest person, met her at the theatre, I was a complete fan girl and she was so sweet.

Gary Rhodes was also lovely.

I haven't really met a not nice celeb, my dad did though - Cilla Black. Said she was rude and obnoxious to the crew/staff but switched up to nice when someone important was there.

I tend to miss celebrities, I don't see them. The cast of Corrie walked past me at a bus stop in Manchester once, my friend was going nuts but I didn't even notice. Same for Girls Aloud at a cash point, stood behind them and I had no clue.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Found David Coulthard and Martin Brundle rude when I met them, they carried on talking amongst themselves and didn't even make eye contact or conversation with me when signing autographs. On the other hand Jake Humphrey was very friendly and chatty.
Old 19 Dec 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
shearwood
Excited about Disney

saw Lionel Blair at Gibraltar airport years ago, he was quite rude to people, we were watching from nearby
shearwood is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I haven’t ever deliberately interacted with anyone famous but have came into contact with a couple.
I had Eddie Izzard across the aisle on a flight once and was pleasantly surprised when he acted like we all do on a plane and allowed my mum and I to go in front. Nothing major but was glad he waited his turn.
Also years ago I was at the comedy club in Glasgow and was nipping out to go with my friend to the shop across the road. There is a huge cinema above it and when we came out we had to squeeze through the queue. I had had a few drinks so I held the persons waist I was squeezing past and laughed as I said excuse me. He smiled warmly back and it was Gryff Ryhs Jones.

Not so pleasant was years ago, 1981, and we were in the Royal Plaza in Orlando , now the B resort, as I had won a holiday. Keith Chegwin and Maggie Philbin were there. My dad got me to go and ask for their autograph and the only paper we had was the letter telling me I had won. In my wee mind they were going to read it and be all happy for me, but I don’t even remember them saying a word, just signing the paper.
Old 19 Dec 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by simbamad View Post
Found David Coulthard and Martin Brundle rude when I met them, they carried on talking amongst themselves and didn't even make eye contact or conversation with me when signing autographs. On the other hand Jake Humphrey was very friendly and chatty.

I met David Coulthard years ago , he was with Colin McRae , staying in the same hotel as us in Paris
And both were brilliant couldn’t have been nicer
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I met David Coulthard years ago , he was with Colin McRae , staying in the same hotel as us in Paris
And both were brilliant couldn’t have been nicer
My brother is a F1 nut and has met DC many times and says the same ... a genuine nice guy
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

I don’t do celebrity
But Lisa Riley used to live on our street
She was particularly unfriendly when me and my mates decided to play knock a door run when p****d one night !
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I met Nigel Mansel in the paddock the year he won his first uk GP (when the crowd stormed the track if anyone remembers?)
There was such a big crowd that swarmed him and we all sort of got crushed together, he accidentally stood on my foot and kept apologising.
Nice guy and only famous person I've met
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by klairbear View Post
I haven't really met a not nice celeb, my dad did though - Cilla Black. Said she was rude and obnoxious to the crew/staff but switched up to nice when someone important was there.
Cilla had a terrible reputation among cabin crew - there's a post on Pprune referring to her as a 'vile bitch who should be shot' for the way she treated crew on a regular basis.

We met Bradley Walsh in MK and Bobby Ball in Oldtown on Florida trips - both absolute gents who were happy to chat and pose for a quick pic.

I made an episode of 'Come Outside' with Lynda Baron, she was really friendly and a pleasure to spend a day with.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List