Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Mar 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I don't think you'd need WiFi for it to work.

You use MDE once (which could be at home/hotel) to create a "MagicMobile pass" which then gets stored in your iPhone's digital wallet. After that you no longer have to use WiFi nor the MDE app. You just hold your phone against the scanner.
Don't have one and never will 😂
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

This is such an interesting development for me. I often wonder about how much I rely on my phone on Orlando holidays. So much so that I didn't sell my last one and I've kept it with a Pay as you go SIM as an emergency backup (paranoid? ).

Battery life and water are big concerns.

I do love the idea of being able to use an Apple watch or the phone... then there is something added to the magic with a Magic Band...

I shall watch this post with interest to see opinions and developments.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

I will stick with the band, my phones not small. The ease of tapping your wrist is much more appealing.

The only way i would consider this is if i can get the whole families tickets and if they come back fast passes on one device. Kids will have to work on parents phones?
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Its an alternative way. I would still use a magic band as my phone would be in my bag.
At least the kinks should be sorted by the time they roll it out to android phones.
Old 13 Mar 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

I just hope they announce next that FP will be on it and available again.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I was a teeny bit disappointed at first and then realised it would be much better for me with my apple watch. I had to use my right wrist for magic band anyway which could be a pain getting in and out of some places so now I won't have that and I always wear my watch anyway.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Why not save millions developing the app and tell everyone just to stick an old plastic card on their phone case and pretend 😂
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I was a teeny bit disappointed at first and then realised it would be much better for me with my apple watch. I had to use my right wrist for magic band anyway which could be a pain getting in and out of some places so now I won't have that and I always wear my watch anyway.
Yes it’s forced me to purchase an Apple Watch for that reason 😆.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes it’s forced me to purchase an Apple Watch for that reason 😆.
Great excuse
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

I think this is good as it gives people choice. No one size will fit all and this is a good move for those who don’t want to pay extra for a band (maybe stay offsite) Disney will then not give the bands out to everyone staying onsite as they currently do, saving money.
For me, this would be good if I could use my Apple watch 👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List