Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Apr 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Anyone else applied for the 999 free cruise BLC spaces?

If you've not seen: RCI are offering 999 free cruise cabins to Blue Light Card holders on Anthem this July (drawn as a ballot)

Anyone else applied? I have although my husband can't go as he won't have been vaccinated, sorry dear
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Potts
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I have but I expect the take up for this will be huge so I don't expect to win!

However you've got to be in it to win it!
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - Pop Century
2007 - Pop Century
Mrs_Potts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs_Potts View Post
I have but I expect the take up for this will be huge so I don't expect to win!

However you've got to be in it to win it!
Yes I'm wondering about the take up. Obviously a free cruise is hugely attractive but there's several things that could stop people- especially the vaccine requirement
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Yes I'm wondering about the take up. Obviously a free cruise is hugely attractive but there's several things that could stop people- especially the vaccine requirement
Most NHS staff should have received both vaccines in plenty of time.
I looked and of course the only dates on offer were the only dates I couldn’t do !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Haven’t you got to be blue light card holders. My DS applied and I was going to but can’t be bothered. I’m retired from nhs now, only worked a couple of months of Covid times last spring so the hard work of the last year being rewarded doesn’t really apply to me. Got three cruises booked anyway
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Most NHS staff should have received both vaccines in plenty of time.
I looked and of course the only dates on offer were the only dates I couldn’t do !
Oh yes but not the people they'd want to go with! No idea when my husband will get his vaccine but he says I can go with my sister if I win!
Old 16 Apr 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
Haven’t you got to be blue light card holders. My DS applied and I was going to but can’t be bothered. I’m retired from nhs now, only worked a couple of months of Covid times last spring so the hard work of the last year being rewarded doesn’t really apply to me. Got three cruises booked anyway
Yes you've got to be a BLC holder. So I'm guessing that's current staff only or can you still get one when retired?

I don't work on NHS front line so I suppose I'm not the most deserving in that sense- but kind of feel like I am for having a baby during the pandemic!

Your guest doesn't need one just the person who enters

Edited at 04:21 PM.
Old 16 Apr 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Yes you've got to be a BLC holder. So I'm guessing that's current staff only or can you still get one when retired?

Your guest doesn't need one just the person who enters
I had my card a few months before I retired and I think it’s still valid till either later this year or early next. Hardly use it to be honest. Although I need some new sketchers and now the shops are open the outlet nearest us has a nice sketchers shop. I feel a visit coming on before it expires.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Shame the Alton Towers BLC day was cancelled this year- love that, most things walk on. I may apply for this thanks for the heads up.
Old 16 Apr 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Shame the Alton Towers BLC day was cancelled this year- love that, most things walk on. I may apply for this thanks for the heads up.
I've booked the Chessington day for later this year and pretty sure there was an alton towers one too!