Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Apr 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

How Much Does A Dog Walker Charge?

I have just got a new job as a covid vaccine booker, at the same time I got the job DH got did dates to go back to the office (wfh at the moment), so I will need a dog walker. A friend has offered to walk her for me, which is great, but I want to offer her the same money I would pay a dog walker - does anyone walk dogs, or use one? How much do you charge/pay (for an hour, and a half hour if possible please - as I do shifts and she will walk her for an hour when I am on early but probably only half an hour when I am on lates - as I will already have given her a nice walk)
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Our dog Walker charges £12 for an hours group walk
It’s probably nearer 2 hours out of the house though as she picks her up and drops her back afterwards
Old 24 Apr 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I walk a dog for friends and dog sit them at mine or theirs. I dont charge £ and would refuse it if offered - it does me good too. I am not adverse to an odd supper or cocktail with the owners tho .

Those of you that follow me on SM will now how much joy I get from dog walking/sitting and the effect it has on my MH. I would even pay to do it rather than other way around ...

Edited at 08:11 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Here it’s £10 per hour for a group walk of up to 5 dogs £ 8 per dog if more than one from the same household
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
£10 per hour here but most likely in groups. Elderly single lady near me has a dog walker for her dog alone and pays about £15 for a solo hourly walk. She sometimes has two walks per day
Old 24 Apr 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

This is my dog walkers price list...

🐾 1 hour group walk - £11
🐾 45 minute group walk - £9
🐾 30 minute group walk - £7
🐾 15 minute group walk - £5
🐾 1 hour 1-2-1 walk - £13
🐾 45 minute 1-2-1 walk - £11
🐾 30 minute 1-2-1 walk - £9
🐾 15 minute 1-2-1 walk - £7
🐾 Additional dogs for a household - £3
🐾 15 minute pop in/let out - £5
🐾 30 minute pop in/let out - £7
🐾 45 minute pop in/let out - £9
🐾 1 hour pop in/let out - £11

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
This is my dog walkers price list...

🐾 1 hour group walk - £11
🐾 45 minute group walk - £9
🐾 30 minute group walk - £7
🐾 15 minute group walk - £5
🐾 1 hour 1-2-1 walk - £13
🐾 45 minute 1-2-1 walk - £11
🐾 30 minute 1-2-1 walk - £9
🐾 15 minute 1-2-1 walk - £7
🐾 Additional dogs for a household - £3
🐾 15 minute pop in/let out - £5
🐾 30 minute pop in/let out - £7
🐾 45 minute pop in/let out - £9
🐾 1 hour pop in/let out - £11

Gosh ! Makes me think I should set up a business here doing that . I had no idea they charged soo much
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Gosh ! Makes me think I should set up a business here doing that . I had no idea they charged soo much
Compared to where we used to live, she's really reasonable! I don't remember exactly what we used to pay, but remember being surprised when we moved here by how much cheaper it was.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

Edited at 05:34 PM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Thank you that is very helpful. Gives me an idea what to offer.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I use a friend to walk Max, who is a dog Walker/sitter and does horse care too, so we use her for whenever we need our dog/horses looked after.

She charges £10 a night to have dogs in her home, which is what we use her for most. I give her £10 for each day if that makes sense. So £10 extra. He’s looked after so very well.
Another reason is that she does take money for the actual dog boarding, but usually won’t let me pay for walking him when I’m in work all day.
We have bubbled with her as she’s on her own, so cook for her and buy wine at least 1x a week.
It’s hard when they are friends too, but great as I know she cares for him like her dogs