Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Apr 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

nope cancelled monday , 4 days after dress fitting & payment* , was meant to be a sit down meal/dance at a local hotel on July 9th so not entirely sure why they cancelled as after June 21st should be good to go

proper melt down over another event not happening... all 16 birthdays so far have been on zoom...

school may do a scaled down version in school ? but nothing concrete

* yes we were told not to buy/book anything but time was marching on and dresses & stuff need to made/ordered etc etc... most of my daughters peers have also bought / ordered ... hopefully still fit for 6th form leavers...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Fantasmicmickey
Getting Excited

My daughter left year 11 last year (in March due to lockdown!) And on the last day their head of year promised them that they would have a prom at a 'future date' and that it was just on 'hold' but not heard anything since so it probably won't happen.
Fantasmicmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

DD’s having a prom, it’s in the usual venue on the 4th July. 🤞🏼

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Nothing here, although we still don't know when they finish.
Old 30 Apr 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

I still have the beautiful dress hanging in the wardrobe from last year when obviously my DD’s prom was cancelled. They did say they would make it up to them but I’m not expecting them to.

Good luck to those having proms this year. I hope they can go ahead.

Edited at 11:51 AM.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

No prom for my DD, she’s very disappointed, probably a trip to Alton Towers, which they usually do anyway.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Fantasmicmickey View Post
My daughter left year 11 last year (in March due to lockdown!) And on the last day their head of year promised them that they would have a prom at a 'future date' and that it was just on 'hold' but not heard anything since so it probably won't happen.
Same as our daughter. Didn't bother her too much tbh- she was gifted a beautiful dress from a colleague's daughter so as I hadn't shelled out anything I wasnt too bothered either
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fantasmicmickey View Post
Originally Posted by MaryMendes View Post
I still have the beautiful dress hanging in the wardrobe from last year when obviously my DD’s prom was cancelled. They did say they would make it up to them but I’m not expecting them to.

Good luck to those having proms this year. I hope they can go ahead.
Bit like graduations😢 Ds had an online graduation and they said they would do real ones this spring but heard nothing and now we are building up to grad season again so 2020’s are old news😢
Such a shame for anyone who missed out on these milestone events last year🙁
Old 30 Apr 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

No prom here but they’re having a celebration evening at school on 27th May which will include a buffet, some awards and then some entertainment. DS wasn’t bothered about having a prom so he’s happy with this and they get to go in later the day after which is his last day of school!

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

Yes, 7th July, hope it goes ahead as they will enjoy. Also as dress, shoes plus three piece suit already purchased. Twins. We are doing post prom here. Tents in the garden etc.
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List