Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Nov 16, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs chimp
Being a bit Goofy

Rope drop - what time does it start

Morning all,

we're heading out in 4 weeks, as we'll have a 2 1/2 year old and a 10 month old i'm thinking any chance of a lie in is well and truly out the window.

we've never made rope drop before but i reckon this could be the year, how long before normal park opening time does it start? if it's a 8am opening time should we be there for 7am and is it the same at all the parks?

thanks,

Liam
Mr & Mrs chimp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

"Rope drop" is just a fancy way of saying park opening. MK has a ceremony but the rest of the parks don't really. We don't tend to do rope drop as crowds build up so we usually go 5-10 mins after park opening but if you want to see the MK ceremony I think it maybe best to go 15 mins before park opening. Someone will come along who knows though.
At the other parks they open when they open.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post

I have not done this and am planning on it this time. I have read on another thread you go about 30 to 45 minutes before park opening for morning opening show, I am sure somebody will come along and help.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

We love rope drop at magic kingdom, don't forget you need plenty of time for parking and then to catch the monorail over.
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs chimp
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks guys.

sounds like 15-30 mins before at the front of the park plus parking etc would mean being at the transportation centre close to an hour before park opening

The first morning sounds like the best opportunity as the body clock will be all over the place and the kids (especially the older one) will be bouncing off the walls.

thanks for the help.

Liam
Mr & Mrs chimp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've done rope drop and love it at MK. There is also a special thing at AK which is not quite in the same league as MK but if you can get there before opening it is a nice start. (don't want to spoil it by saying too much). HS doesn't have anything at rope drop so apart from the fact that it's good to be early for short wait time there's no reason to force yourselves to get up and out super early.

Like many others on the dibb I would recommend getting out early and then having a mid afternoon break at the pool before the evening. We put the alarm on every morning and I'm really pleased as we had very little waits this summer. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread