Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Norwiegen reporting a first quarter loss due to groundings, ginba cost Boeing big time...

ft/content/386953c4-...c-98bf1d35a056
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Norwiegen reporting a first quarter loss due to groundings, ginba cost Boeing big time...

ft/content/386953c4-...c-98bf1d35a056
Only to be read by subscribers to ft.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

I’m booked with Norwegian to fly to Orlando from Gatwick in August. I haven’t had a notification of aircraft change yet but according to this article they will be using hi-fly from 29th April to 26th October:

paddleyourownkanoo/2...i-and-chicago/

Maybe they are holding off notifying people with bookings for later in the year.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Eww that doesn't sound good. Flying into MIA and out of MCO during September. Hope they give us plenty of notice as I'll definitely be taking the refund.

Loved Norweigan and the Dreamliner last year but wet lease is definitely a no no

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by swintonowl View Post
I’m booked with Norwegian to fly to Orlando from Gatwick in August. I haven’t had a notification of aircraft change yet but according to this article they will be using hi-fly from 29th April to 26th October:

paddleyourownkanoo/2...i-and-chicago/

Maybe they are holding off notifying people with bookings for later in the year.
Did you book direct or through a third party? Ours was Expedia, although Dreamliner is still showing on the Norwegian app

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Eww that doesn't sound good. Flying into MIA and out of MCO during September. Hope they give us plenty of notice as I'll definitely be taking the refund.

Loved Norweigan and the Dreamliner last year but wet lease is definitely a no no
Last year they wet leased a Boeing A380 ex Emirates now that’s a great upgrade. Some you win, some you lose.
I feel for Norwegian as this is beyond their control, it’s Boeings MAX issues that has caused this, and as PAX desert them due to the wet lease Norwegian plunge deeper into debt, and an airline that tried hard to give the PAX what they wanted is gone.
Yes we all like their cheap prices but still demand all the bells and whistles with that price.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Last year they wet leased a Boeing A380 ex Emirates now that’s a great upgrade. Some you win, some you lose.
I feel for Norwegian as this is beyond their control, it’s Boeings MAX issues that has caused this, and as PAX desert them due to the wet lease Norwegian plunge deeper into debt, and an airline that tried hard to give the PAX what they wanted is gone.
Yes we all like their cheap prices but still demand all the bells and whistles with that price.
I agree completely, however walk this time and I’ll be back, stick with and if it’s that bad my OH will never allow me to book with them again. You’re right Norwegian have had some right rotten luck of late and we loved them last year.

Old 26 Apr 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
That wet lease of an A380 turned out to be a disaster for them, pretty much every flight was delayed >3 hours.

Their website has been updated this morning and is now showing Hi-Fly in August. I have just called and cancelled my booking with them and will now re-book with BA.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
I agree completely, however walk this time and I’ll be back, stick with and if it’s that bad my OH will never allow me to book with them again. You’re right Norwegian have had some right rotten luck of late and we loved them last year.
We also flew with them last year and really liked them (we usually fly BA), but with a wet-lease it's not even Norwegian crew, they are taking the whole thing from Hi-Fly which makes me nervous about the on-board service and comfort. I was already a bit nervous about their financial situation so the two things added up made it a no brainer for me to take my money and run.

I'd suggest you have a look for your dates to see if there are better prices available elsewhere. Norwegian didn't quibble with me at all just offered a full refund straight back to my card.

I had paid £3,082 for 2 adults, 2 kids with them (8-22 August) including bags and meals from LGW-MCO.

I've just rebooked with BA Holidays same dates but into Tampa instead and included a car and total cost was £3,172 (so it cost me an extra £90 for a car for 2 weeks, although I do have an extra 40 minutes added to my drive time).

Had I not booked Norwegian in the first place I could have probably got a better deal than that with BA and probably got into Orlando but I would rather not take the risk with Hi-Fly.
Old 26 Apr 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by swintonowl View Post
We also flew with them last year and really liked them (we usually fly BA), but with a wet-lease it's not even Norwegian crew, they are taking the whole thing from Hi-Fly which makes me nervous about the on-board service and comfort. I was already a bit nervous about their financial situation so the two things added up made it a no brainer for me to take my money and run.

I'd suggest you have a look for your dates to see if there are better prices available elsewhere. Norwegian didn't quibble with me at all just offered a full refund straight back to my card.

I had paid £3,082 for 2 adults, 2 kids with them (8-22 August) including bags and meals from LGW-MCO.

I've just rebooked with BA Holidays same dates but into Tampa instead and included a car and total cost was £3,172 (so it cost me an extra £90 for a car for 2 weeks, although I do have an extra 40 minutes added to my drive time).

Had I not booked Norwegian in the first place I could have probably got a better deal than that with BA and probably got into Orlando but I would rather not take the risk with Hi-Fly.
Yeah trying to sort that now, because its so "fresh" Expedia need to pass it to another team to confirm the refund, they should call me back within 48 hours. Ill take that time to weigh up my options.