Old 9 Mar 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Four Moretons Go West EASTER 2018 - Day 12 - Seaworld

Day 12 - Thursday 4th April – Seaworld

We all had a great night sleep, our bed was massive and a lot more comfortable than the previous night. The boys were still up at 6.30am but we snoozed until 7.30am. I was looking forward to looking out the window and seeing the ocean but unfortunately it was a little foggy but that soon cleared.

We were back to the normal breakfast routine of cereal and toast, but it was so nice to eat it in our own kitchen. We put some more washing on, before getting showered and changed.

We decided on Seaworld today. We arrived at 10.20am and the car park was very busy. We paid the $20 to park and scanned our City pass which actually gave us 7 days admission to Seaworld (even though we only planned 1 visit). Once in the park the boys headed straight over to the cleaner fish, they loved them nibbling on their hands, even Lee had a go and was surprised at how clean and soft his hands felt afterwards.

We also stopped to look at the White Spotted Bamboo Shark and Horse Shoe Crab exhibits.

Not being far away we then ventured over to the kid’s area (sesame street), the boys went on the Elmo plane ride but it was an incredibly slow loader so there wasn’t much time left before we wanted to head over to see the 11.30am Dolphin Show.

We were 25 minutes early which meant we had to endure the pre-show which wasn’t great. By now the sun had burned through and it was very hot. The Dolphin show was actually quite good and Lucas especially enjoyed it.

Next up was the Penguins which are Jacobs favourite, from there we went to Wild Artic but unfortunately the Polar Bear was currently at Pittsburgh Zoo. We then managed to convince Lucas to go on Journey to Atlantis. We paid $1 to put our things in the locker and then joined the 20-minute queue. Lucas did cry a bit as he got a bit scared but he said he was proud of himself for going on it. Thankfully we didn’t get too wet.

It was now time for an ice cream but we couldn’t find any soft serve so we settled for a cookie sandwich. Suitably refreshed we headed over to watch the 2.30pm Orca show, which was terrible and we left 5 minutes before the end!

We love Seaworld but recently we have definitely started to agree with the people that say these animals are too large for captivity. We came out of the Orca show and went over to Manta, which Lee and Jacob rode as it was only a 10-minute queue. Jacob loved it that much he wanted to go on again so I joined him, the queue was a little longer this time as the crowd from the Orca show had all left the stadium.

We enjoyed wandering around the park taking in the different exhibits. The boys fed the Flamingos, we went into the shark encounter and Lucas was amazed to learn that sharks have up to 30000 teeth during their lifetime! They seemed to enjoy this part of the day the most.

Lucas had been asking all day to go on the climbing nets in the kid’s area. The boys did that while Lee and I relaxed in the sunshine. The boys had their picture taken with a character I don’t think they had any idea who it was but they looked happy.

We shortly made our way to the exit; Lucas had to go and see the cleaner fish again he loved putting his hands in the water. We took a 10-minute survey on the way out; it had been a great day (apart from the Orca show).

We were all hungry by now and so decided on Olive Garden for dinner, to be honest the boys are not big fans but Lee and I love it. We arrived at 5.30pm and were seated straight away. The boys were delighted to see the games systems on the table. As usual the food was amazing and the portions were huge. We love the bread and salad bowls here. The bill was $75 including tip. Lee drove home but some reason the sat nav took us on the I5 which was the long way around.

We parked up at the house and headed straight to the beach to catch the sunset. It had clouded over a little bit so we hoped we would get a good view, there were a lot of surfers in the water.

The boys just played on the beach and jumped on the rocks. It was a lovely spot, we felt so relaxed and the boys just seemed so happy.

When the sun had set, we strolled home, to have a cup of tea and chill out before going to sleep in our huge bed that I wish I could have bought home with me.
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

We love Olive Garden too but strangely our kids are not keen either, glad to hear it’s not just my kids that clearly have no taste either
I mean how could anyone not love the bread sticks
Old 10 Mar 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
We love Olive Garden too but strangely our kids are not keen either, glad to hear it’s not just my kids that clearly have no taste either
I mean how could anyone not love the bread sticks
Indeed
Always loved a trip to Olive Garden
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A great day followed by beautiful sunset photos!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List