Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 Apr 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile Fort Wilderness cabin vs 2 rooms at an All Star

Because of Covid who knows now when we’ll be able to rebook, but I can dream and plan in the meantime. We’ll be a 50something couple, two grown up step kids and one of their partners and our ten year old son. I want to do a split stay with five nights onsite as the grown up kids have never been to Disney. Pricing up for next year without free dining our cheapest options in mid August are two rooms at an All Star resort for £1400 or a cabin at Fort Wilderness for £2100.
If free dining were to be reintroduced, does anyone have a rough idea of what the cost would be?
And would you trade two bathrooms and more privacy for being in Fort Wilderness? I’ve only been there for a Trails End meal and the Cowboy Singalong so didn’t check out what else was there.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I’d look at the bedroom combinations and your party make up and work out who is comfortable sharing with who.

Two rooms at All Stars gives you 2 double beds in each room.

Wilderness cabin has a double bed in the living room and then a double and bunk together.

Without knowing your family neither sound ideal.
Would 2 brothers & partner and child all share one room?

Assuming the room layout work then the resorts are totally different. Wilderness cabins are quite rural and the accessibility isn’t great. You need to get a bus from your cabin to either another bus or a boat. So it’s two transport options to get anywhere.

The resort is stunning and peaceful.

All stars is more concrete but has a big food court and more direct buses but they will be more crowded.

I’d probably choose all stars for the convenience but my husband would choose the cabins for the atmosphere.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy3
Excited about Disney

I am planning a trip next year for a similar family party set up. I decided the best options in our case would be a family suite plus a standard room at All Stars Music or AOA, or a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga springs. These options would give all the adults a separate sleeping space with privacy. Also these options give 2/3 bathrooms which is important for getting ready. (I’m also a bit funny about sharing!)
Goofy3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for your replies. I’m not overly bothered about the sleeping set up as it’s only five nights - after that we’d move to a spacious villa. We’ll be at the parks for EMH or ropedrop but in the past, at CRB, we loved relaxing at the resort pool. The value resorts don’t look relaxing at all but the Fort Wilderness pool looks rather small and plain. Also is there a quick service place to eat there at night?
Anyone know how much more the nightly rate goes up once free dining is added?
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Free dining is free. So the price won’t go up but any other discounts will stop.

I don’t think wilderness cabins have a quick service. That wouldn’t bother us as we tend to eat in the parks and would only use our hotel quick service occasionally.

We’ve only spent one night at a value. The room was fine and I really like the reception area. The pool was very large but it was very concrete. My over riding feeling of the whole resort was the lack of greenery compared to the moderate resorts.

Wilderness cabins is very green. I think the pool is square but I’m not convinced that square or Guitar shape makes much of a difference to the experience really.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

disneyworld/resort...resort/dining/

Looks like a food truck, a takeout and a poolside snack bar.