Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Aug 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
angelheart
Excited about Disney

1 day 2 parks help!

A group of us (5 adults, 3 teenagers) are going to France and have purchased a 1 day, 2 parks pass for the 1st September 2017 , so happy to be getting my Disney fix.

I have been to Florida a number of times and know it is essential to plan, especially as we only have one day and the party is quite large.

We realistically won't get to the parks unit 10.30 (we didn't research how far the parks was from where we are staying, its a LONG way, but it will be worth it).

Can anyone recommend an itinerary or handy hits, we won't be doing a sit down meal as there won't be time.

many thanks
Angel
Disney 2021
angelheart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

If you want to do both parks in one day.

Use single rider\fastpass when possible.

I would head to WDS first as it closes earlier do Ratatouille, RNR, Twilight Zone of Terror + maybe Crushes.

EDIT Forgot about Mickey and Magician MUST do show.

Then head to Disneyland Park
BTM\ Hyperspace\ Indiana\ Star Tours\ Buzz\Phantom\Pirates +parade \ Fireworks

It will be a mad day of rushing.

If just one park do Disneyland Park.

Edited at 02:38 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Look at the list of attractions and prioritise the ones you want to do the most. If you're only there for a day then you won't be able to do everything so better to make sure you do the stuff you REALLY want to.

Use fastpasses. If you like parades it's on at 5.30pm. Mickey and the Magician is a fantastic show but will realistically take up >1 hour of your day once you include lining up.

If possible I'd try my best to get there just before 10am. At least that way you could do one attraction with minimal queuing.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post

I am going to take a slightly different slant, so please bear with me

I think you need two full days as a minimum to do both parks, but I usually recommend 3. Arriving at 10.30am is also not ideal as the crowds would have really started to build - hotel guests and annual pass holders get into the main park from 8am and everyone else gets into Main Street at 9.30am and the Studios at 9.30am too. It will still be a busy time of year.

The main Disney park is the best themed park I have been to (I have been to WDW and Disneyland). Focus on enjoying the beauty and theming and atmosphere. Take it slow. Take in some shows - Mickey and the Magician (in the Studios) is one of the best shows I have ever seen and Forest of Enchantment is great too. See the Parade and nighttime show. If you do too many rides you'll just end up queuing all day for not much reward (or you at least may be disappointed), as most attractions are not, in my view, on par with the US. DLP is technologically behind, even with a few recent upgrades.

I would, however, try to get on Pirates of the Caribbean. It is brilliant, it has just been refurbished and is better than the US and it loads quickly. Otherwise select carefully! I would pick two or three must Dos and get fast passes where you can.

With that party composition I am not sure there are any Must Dos in Fantasyland. Peter Pan is good (with a usually 45+ minute queue) and I personally (at 35!) love Its a Small World (which is usually quick to get on). Big Thunder Mountain is outstanding, but the queue will be at least 45 minutes by the time you get there, perhaps an hour perhaps more.

Edited at 02:53 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I wouldn't recommend it. Do Disneyland park. If you really do want to do two parks then follow the advice above.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I believe you can do a lot in the 1 day. As mentioned about the mickey and magician show is a great show, it does get busy and it will take at least an hour out of your day.
If you have done disney before i would say in the studios Ratatouille & crush are must does as they are not in other parks. Ratatouille has a single rider line so i would use that. Crush does not have FP and single rider can be long so I would suggest you try that around closing time as the last ride in the studio as once your in the Q , unless it breaks you will get on. We managed to do Ratatouille,crush & RnR all in the last hour a few weeks back.
In the disney park, pirates is good and I would keep an eye on the app to see when the q is low eg 15mins. Note we found that times quoted seemed to be from q to exit. Big thunder is one not to miss so FP that. The haungted mansion will have short q's later in the day. Star wars fluctuated but we found if you could get on the correct side of the parade (near annual pass office) you could watch the parade and getr round to star wars as a walk on.
Inidan is a good ride and again q's get shorter later in the day as its out on a limb.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

I agree, unless there is one ride you NEED to do in the studios then just do the disneyland park. By 10:30 rides like Peter Pan and space mountain will already have longer waits, so try and get fastpasses for these ones if you really want to do them, and then head to rides with shorter lines like Phantom Manor and Snow White. Pirate's queue time always has a lull in the evening, especially around parade times or within an hour of the fireworks. I've never pitched in a spot for the fireworks but I've always been able to see (quite a feat considering I'm just 5ft).

Paris can get busy but in my experience it is NEVER as busy as WDW so you'll probably find you are able to fit in a bit more then you expected.
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We've recently done 1 day, 2 parks (we're two adults)
A bit of planning beforehand and you'll be fine! 😊
Make sure you check your trains etc before you leave - when we went a few weeks ago the RER was down to the train station we wanted. There were lots of helpers around to ask where you go to instead and they were really helpful, just be mindful that it could put your journey on a few extra minutes (we incidentally
Got the train from 'Nation' which took us straight to the Park - look for the ears! )
We downloaded to Disneyland Paris app in the weeks prior to going and then keep an eye on the waiting times. We decided to go to Crush Coaster first, for there for 10am and already a 60min wait! We then got a fast pass for ratatouille and then did all the other major attractions in WDS before heading to Disneyland, doing a few rides/lunch there before going back to do Ratatouille, before going back jnto the main park. We got to do all the major rides bar Big Thunder Mountain (unexpectedly down all day) and had a mooch round the shops and stayed for the fireworks. One thing I would recommend is checking you have the correct tickets for the train before you see the fireworks (we didn't, nearly got scammed outside the park on the way in, ended up ducking out of the parks for 5mins to buy a new ticket before getting a spot for the fireworks)
With a bit of planning it's doable and is the best day 😊😊 have the best time 😊😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List