Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Aug 06, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rigstig
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike230652
It's the poor polar bear that concerns me at seaworld btw... I've never seen a sorrier sight, pacing back and forth... no justification at all for having it there... not exactly an endeangered species?!
Mike
Mike, couldnt agree more about the Polar Bear at Seaworld, same with the Walrus that swims back and forth slapping itself against the viewing glass.

Although as a family we love to see these animals in zoo's and parks close up, surely people must have complained over the years about the above 2 animals, and I just wonder why they are alowed to live in the same sorry conditions. Ive been to Seaworld 6 times since 2000 and although we dont always see the Polar Bear, the Walrus goes through the same motions day in , day out for the past 6 years that ive witnessed.

Stuart

Anaheim 2008

California, Arizona and Nevada road trips 2012,2014, 2019
Rigstig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 06, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
simker
Very Serious Dibber

I don't think there is much differnt in keeping animals in sea world and gatorland. The only reason I have chosen not to go is I PERSONALLY don't find it acceptable to be offered the oppourtunity to buy goods produced from the main attraction. If seaworld sold whale wallets handbas and dolphin steaks, I would not visit.

This is my opinon so don't crucify me
11/2001 (Embassy vacation resort LBV) 6/2005 (southern dunes villa), 05/2007 (Sandy Ridge villa), 12/2008 (Bass Lakes villa), 12/ 2011 (Lake Wilson villa), 7/2014 (Regal Palms), 8/2016 (Sandy Ridge villa), 9/2018 (Lake Davenport Villa), 9/2019 (Sandy Ridge Villa)

simker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 06, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Whale wallets!... man you'd need to earn some serious cash to fill a whale wallet!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 06, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpy1
Excited about Disney

Saw a programme tonight about crocodile conservation and they used tape on them whilst measuring, even taped up their eyes

life too short thats why i'm grumpy

give grumpy his ears Campaign 2007
grumpy1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 06, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by grumpy1
Saw a programme tonight about crocodile conservation and they used tape on them whilst measuring, even taped up their eyes
But I guess they took it off again to release them?

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 06, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
fintywalker
Imagineer

fintywalker's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by drpepper
Whale wallets!... man you'd need to earn some serious cash to fill a whale wallet!

LOL, now that was funny and i think this thread will run and run which is how human nature evolves, people will always have their own opinion and who of us thinks ours are better than anyone elses? personal choice, informed choice, tourism and money, we make our own choices and those of us who can say they live a monastic lifestyle, whereby every living creature from amoeba to elephant, from the rich to the poor, from our world to third world is respected and made the ideal, then let them cast the first stone.
Old 4 Aug 06, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post

grumpy...

Originally Posted by grumpy1

I'm sure a smart guy like you could give us a practical demonstration in how to handle a full grown crocodile WITHOUT restraining it first. Dunno what gatorland charge , but I'll pay double that to see you do it...deal?

Oh Sorry! ..didn't realise...you said it was restrained for CONSERVATION purposes... there's me thinking you meant "for the amusement of the masses and no real purpose whatsover other than to make money out of it purposes..."

you're right flintywalker...this could run and run...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 06, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
jds
Excited about Disney

I can see both sides of the argument! Yes in an idea world we would not have animals in captivity, but perhaps if we had been exposed to all the creatures we now see in zoo’s etc from a very early age we would not have as any many on the endangered list as we may have more respect and understanding for them.

I personally do not like Gatorland, I have been most time when visited Florida and always come away thinking why did we go. I have never seen the wrestling as I am not personally comfortable with it, never had our photo with the Gator as again not comfortable with it. However I would in no way seek to push my views onto someone else, you pay your money and take your choice
15 Reethi Beach Maldives
16 Wilderness lodge (Still our favourite)
jds is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 06, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread