Notices

Old 17 Feb 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hope your well on your way now Abby, have a fantastic time both of you xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Have an amazing time! Love that Figment is going too and taking up more than enough room
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hope the travel has gone ok. Have a great trip.

I'm hoping to go next year with my eldest daughter - it will be the first time we've been there so will be looking to pick up some tips from you.
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Just a speedy reply. Its early and we are up for the extra magic time!

Thanks for the well wishes you guys, travel was fine and really speedy.

Weather yesterday afternoon was glorious really warm.

We went on tea cups first and had about 3 hours in the park.

Fingers crossed for a good day today.

Oh and I did get a reservation yesterday for chez remy and also for Cafe Mickey, plus I'd already booked up captain Jack's.

All a bit last minute which is so not my style! Will report back properly of course when we are home

Thanks again xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

So glad you had a good first afternoon.

Fab news about the reservations, I love ratatouille so would love to go to the Remy restaurant, looking forward to that review.

Have a great day xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Hope the travel has gone ok. Have a great trip.

I'm hoping to go next year with my eldest daughter - it will be the first time we've been there so will be looking to pick up some tips from you.
We are hoping to visit there for the first time next year too, we do seem to share holiday plans 😀 . What time of year are you likely to be there? I think we will be looking at June, but nothing definite yet. I am following Abby for tips too 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds as if you didn’t have any delays after all 😀 . Pleased the weather was good for you and you had a great start to the holiday. Chez Remy looks great, looking forward to your review on it. Have a fun day 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We are hoping to visit there for the first time next year too, we do seem to share holiday plans 😀 . What time of year are you likely to be there? I think we will be looking at June, but nothing definite yet. I am following Abby for tips too 😀
We do yes 😂 L will be doing A levels next year so late June or early July hopefully!
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
We do yes 😂 L will be doing A levels next year so late June or early July hopefully!
Possibly the same time as us then 😀 G will be at uni then, so we are hoping to go when the uni year finishes before the main school break too
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
So we got back last night utterly exhausted, but that is to be expected on Disney trip isn't it

We had a fab time, the weather was great. No problems at all with the Eurostar. The hotel was beautiful (just a niggle with the curtains not closing so I used a hair clip and the bed being rock hard but nothing major). The parks were amazing and we really enjoyed trying out some of the attractions that we've not done before and all the old favourites (I even managed to not hold on during our last ride on Tower of Terror). We also met some fantastic characters, lots of villains that we've never met before and they were awesome meet and greets

Of course, it's different to WDW. I knew it would be, but I struggled to stop myself making comparisons. Actually Kate told me off a couple of times as I wasn't being fair, apparently I have an emotional attachment to wdw so I shouldn't compare. I suspect she is very close to the truth and wiser than an 11 year old should be I wished they could sort out the fast pass thing, stop people running at rope drop and they really need some faster loading rides or higher capacity attractions as the wait times were very loooonnnng

Plus, I really wish we could have heard the songs as they are meant to be. I understand that we are in France and French is the language, but why oh why can't we hear Jodi Benson singing Part of Your World and Idina Menzel singing Let it Go? Like I said I get that in France there's going to be French in all the attractions but if it's a recording of the song during the fireworks or a parade and not a live action thing then why can't we have the original? I love the songs and it's a shame that we didn't get to hear them with the original artists singing. I hope I haven't come across as too much of French hater, it's more that I love the songs the way they are!

Anyway, that all sounds moany and I don't mean to be as it really was a fun trip. The highs far outweighed the lows and they were largely me moaning that with a few tweaks it could have been so much better. I absolutely would go back and I'm looking forward to writing up the trip report, I'll try not to be making constant comparisons in that.

I will pop a link in when the first day is posted.

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and advice it was greatly appreciated.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List