Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 May 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nemesis
Gone all Goofy

Split stay in deluxe...can you help please?

First time here in a few years so please bear with me.
We were planning a split stay, probably 7 nights Yacht Club and 5 nights Grand Floridian in order to help us get around the parks due to my disability. We are in the UK and were hoping to get free DDP.
Today I’ve been told that I won’t be able to get the free DDP for both hotels on a split stay.
I’m seriously gutted. I was going to book tmrw (as they also said that they can add free dining plan at a later date).
Can anyone come up with a way around this please?
We will be in Florida for 21 days in total so can split this up in any way that works.
If I can’t do a split stay I would appreciate advice on which resort is best?
We have already stayed at Beach Club and we loved the proximity to Epcot and HS. Unfortunately that already looks to be fully booked for September 2021!

Thanks for your help.
Nemesis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The only way you can do this is to have two separate bookings and buy two lots of park tickets.
The only other way is to stay at the first resort buy your park tickets for the entire duration and get your free dining for that stay and then rent dvc points for your second resort you will have to do the maths as I don’t know how many are in your party but this could work out cheaper than paying for a hotel room at the resort and pay for the dining out of pocket
Go on David’s vacation club there is a calculator and you can see the cost of renting from them. X
Old 4 May 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Doing DVC May mean you can also stay at Beach club which you enjoyed last time
Disney Bear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

As said, you have to pay for two lots of tickets or you would need to rent DVC points. The other option would be to wait and see if there’s some sort of room discount for one of the hotels. Whichever option the free dining stay would need to be first. Personally I would forego the split stay to get free dining for the length of the trip and I wouldn’t book until it’s released.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

I also didn't think you could add free dining at a later date, thought you had to book accommodation and park tickets at the same time whilst the offer was on ?

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
I also didn't think you could add free dining at a later date, thought you had to book accommodation and park tickets at the same time whilst the offer was on ?
I agree with you usually for the UK bookings you do have to have it on your original booking, the Us travel agents seem to operate differently and are happy to add deals to your booking as they arise.
Old 5 May 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
First time here in a few years so please bear with me.
We were planning a split stay, probably 7 nights Yacht Club and 5 nights Grand Floridian in order to help us get around the parks due to my disability. We are in the UK and were hoping to get free DDP.
Today I’ve been told that I won’t be able to get the free DDP for both hotels on a split stay.
I’m seriously gutted. I was going to book tmrw (as they also said that they can add free dining plan at a later date).
Can anyone come up with a way around this please?
We will be in Florida for 21 days in total so can split this up in any way that works.
If I can’t do a split stay I would appreciate advice on which resort is best?
We have already stayed at Beach Club and we loved the proximity to Epcot and HS. Unfortunately that already looks to be fully booked for September 2021!

Thanks for your help.
I wouldn’t book yet, there are rumours that free dining will be announced in a couple of weeks so I would wait and see. I would also be nervous about anyone saying they can add free dining on afterwards, they are probably gambling that it would be possible and will in reality be cancelling and rebooking.

As explained you can’t do the split stay and retain free dining, I think we would all be doing that if it were possible. I would stay in one resort in order to retain free dining throughout. I have stayed at Yacht Club and the Grand Floridian. I think I preferred Yacht Club as a hotel, (can’t comment on Beach Club but obviously it has similarities) and also I do like the area especially in the evenings. However MK has a strong pull too, to be honest I would be very happy at either.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nemesis
Gone all Goofy

Thanks guys. Ive already spoken to UK Disney and they have told me that I can add free dining at a later date so hopefully that wasn't duff info
Nemesis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

When we have done a split stay we only book the 2nd stay for 2 or 3 nights. You can still use your dining plan on the check out/check in day so that leaves us with 1 less day to pay for food.
disney20042012 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Thanks guys. Ive already spoken to UK Disney and they have told me that I can add free dining at a later date so hopefully that wasn't duff info
Unfortunately it may be. The CMs in the call centre often don’t have the right information. I’m not saying they won’t add it but I’d want it in writing before booking just in case.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List