Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jun 10, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Tampa Rays Baseball Game

Hi,

I've booked for me and DH to go and watch a baseball game this time. Has anyone been to one? What are they like? My DH is a huge sports fan and is really looking forward to it but I don't even know the rules to the game! Just hoping the atmosphere will keep me going!
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 10, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The atmosphere is amazing it's so friendly and welcoming. I have no clue of the rules and I'm not a huge sports fan but truly enjoy the experience of watching the Rays and Tropicana Field is fab in general too!
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 10, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
SuzieG
slightly serious Dibber

SuzieG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yep you will love it! I'm not a sports fan but we saw the Rays last trip and really enjoyed it. We're going again this time. The kids loved it too - you will have a great time
SuzieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 10, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ticky15
Imagineer

you'll have a fab time , we usually go see the rays a hubs is a massive baseball fan , what date are you going ?
Old 12 Jun 10, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went to see them last year. Booked a hotel near by for the night and spent the day on the beach beforehand. It was St Pete's, which was gorgeous. The game was fantastic, I had no clue of the rules either but the atmosphere and just being there with all the other US families made it all worth while.

You will have a fab time I'm sure
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 10, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

You've all reassured me, thank you!

We've booked for 3rd August when they play against Minnesota. Were going to book in a hotel on St Petes for the night and plan on spending the day on the beach as its an evening game and then do Busch Gardens the next day.

Thanks again!
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 10, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by emmabrown68 View Post
You've all reassured me, thank you!

We've booked for 3rd August when they play against Minnesota. Were going to book in a hotel on St Petes for the night and plan on spending the day on the beach as its an evening game and then do Busch Gardens the next day.

Thanks again!
Emma,
Go to mlb for the rules of the game,it will give you a bit of an idea as to what's going on. I been to a few MLB games over the years and you will like it at lot, it's a great relaxed atmosphere and very friendly.

PS when you're there could you check out if row AA seats 1-7 sec 139 are right at the front
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 10, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BUD62 View Post
Emma,
Go to mlb for the rules of the game,it will give you a bit of an idea as to what's going on. I been to a few MLB games over the years and you will like it at lot, it's a great relaxed atmosphere and very friendly.

PS when you're there could you check out if row AA seats 1-7 sec 139 are right at the front
Hi,
Sorry, I thought I'd already replied to you but just realised I haven't-sorry about that! Yes of course I'll check it out when I'm there and PM you when I get back.
Old 21 Jun 10, 05:31 AM  
Link to this Post
ives4494
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

ives4494's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 9
We saw the Yankees vs the mets at Shea Stadium a few years ago and the atmosphere was electric. It's something everybody should do if they visit America
Old 21 Jun 10, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

I was thinking of catching a game with the family. I cant work out the matches/tickets, it looks like they play consecutive nights at the end of July, or is that other events.

Could anyone point me in the right direction with regards to getting a game at the end of the July.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread