Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jun 12, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

Ahhhh my OH must have seen this when she suggested we do this next year with her Daughters... hmmm 3 hormonal women and guns... what could possible go wrong ... better be on good behavior all holiday
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 12, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
asdageek
Imagineer

glad i found this thread my dh and 3 ds would love this next year, think i will book it as a christmas present this year to use on our holiday next summer
Old 21 Jun 12, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Booked for August with my daughter, think she is more excited than me
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
VikkiSponge
Very Serious Dibber

VikkiSponge's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 35
Guidebook Reviews: 2
We are looking to go next year, hope some of you who are going write us a review!

Disneyland Paris 1992/'03/'07/'22 ~Tokyo Disneyland 2012 ~Shanghai Disneyland 2019~ DisneyWorld Florida 1999/2011/2013/2016~Disneyland Cali 2023
VikkiSponge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sospan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw View Post
Ahhhh my OH must have seen this when she suggested we do this next year with her Daughters... hmmm 3 hormonal women and guns... what could possible go wrong
Take plenty of chocolate for safety.
Old 21 Jun 12, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

DS and DH's review. FANTASTIC!

lol hope thats ok. they havent stoppped talking about it
Old 21 Jun 12, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by latmaz View Post
DS and DH's review. FANTASTIC!

lol hope thats ok. they havent stoppped talking about it

Excellent, I will be imagining some of the targets have faces
Old 4 Jul 12, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi,

We went yesterday and it was brilliant! There were 16 in our group and we were split into four groups of four, then two groups per instructor - our instructors were Craig and Jim - we had Jim. We had a brief history of the gun and safety lesson - both very interesting! I shot the AK first - 10 bullets - at paper targets - then got photos with the gun, before passing it on to the next person in our group. The other two teams were shooting the AR-15. Once the other group had done their gun, we swapped, and shot another 10 bullets with the AR-15, and again got photos etc. Then the second pair of groups shot and we sat back and relaxed - well, as much as you can with gunfire! Finally we went back and each shot another 10 (I think with each gun!) on little 3" targets - very tricky! Lunch was much better than I expected - Publix deli sandwiches, crisps and cold cans of coke and sprite. In the PM, we each had a go with two bullets on the shotgun - so much fun! Then a round of 10 with the handgun, wait for the rest of the group, then another round of 10, then we had certificates awarded. My OH got Top Gun!

It was a truly great day, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. A couple of things though - take some change for the vending machine - it's a $1.50 for various bottled drinks - although there are some bottles of water in the PM available. I would also take a personal fan - you're outside but under cover, but it does get hot being out there all day. If you're going with people who aren't shooting - check first that they have the capacity to have viewers, we had a couple of people shoot who seemed to want their whole extended family to watch, but they just don't have the ear protection for everyone, plus were concerned about them wandering around 'unwatched' whilst live weapons are going off. And finally, we didn't leave til just before 5 - they did explain that it was taking a little longer as we had one group who were not native English speakers - but if you have an ADR or something in the evening make sure you have plenty of time to get back!

All in all - an amazing day, and would thoroughly recommend it!

Kx
Old 4 Jul 12, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
asdageek
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kjp87 View Post
Hi,

We went yesterday and it was brilliant! There were 16 in our group and we were split into four groups of four, then two groups per instructor - our instructors were Craig and Jim - we had Jim. We had a brief history of the gun and safety lesson - both very interesting! I shot the AK first - 10 bullets - at paper targets - then got photos with the gun, before passing it on to the next person in our group. The other two teams were shooting the AR-15. Once the other group had done their gun, we swapped, and shot another 10 bullets with the AR-15, and again got photos etc. Then the second pair of groups shot and we sat back and relaxed - well, as much as you can with gunfire! Finally we went back and each shot another 10 (I think with each gun!) on little 3" targets - very tricky! Lunch was much better than I expected - Publix deli sandwiches, crisps and cold cans of coke and sprite. In the PM, we each had a go with two bullets on the shotgun - so much fun! Then a round of 10 with the handgun, wait for the rest of the group, then another round of 10, then we had certificates awarded. My OH got Top Gun!

It was a truly great day, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. A couple of things though - take some change for the vending machine - it's a $1.50 for various bottled drinks - although there are some bottles of water in the PM available. I would also take a personal fan - you're outside but under cover, but it does get hot being out there all day. If you're going with people who aren't shooting - check first that they have the capacity to have viewers, we had a couple of people shoot who seemed to want their whole extended family to watch, but they just don't have the ear protection for everyone, plus were concerned about them wandering around 'unwatched' whilst live weapons are going off. And finally, we didn't leave til just before 5 - they did explain that it was taking a little longer as we had one group who were not native English speakers - but if you have an ADR or something in the evening make sure you have plenty of time to get back!

All in all - an amazing day, and would thoroughly recommend it!

Kx
thanks for your report on this, def going to book it soon for next year, many thanks
Old 4 Jul 12, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post

We went to oak ridge. It was amazing we were told people generally spend only a couple of hours there, we spent approx 8! It was great value and really friendly staff I jumped a lot to start with and the realisation kicked in that we were in a room with live guns! Scary... But I'd do it again for definate. It was a birthday present for my fiancée from me and he loved it word of warning though, if you go a shotgun it really, really hurts. I could only do 3 shots! I had a massive bruise on my shoulder but my fiancées was a lot larger as he had the most shots. Kickback on most guns is weird. I had GSR all over me so what we did back at the hotel was bag those clothes up seperatley from the rest and washed them seperatley too. Hope you enjoy it
Closed Thread