Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jul 12, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Kimber03
Imagineer

Kimber03's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 26

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 174
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by VikkiSponge View Post
We are looking to go next year, hope some of you who are going write us a review!
Give me 30mins or so and I will quickly knock up a small video of our day at Florida Firearms and post it here.

*Update* As promised

Edited at 10:21 PM.
Kimber03 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 12, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Great video. Going here on 18th July with my son. Gives me an idea of what to expect.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 12, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kjp87 View Post
Hi,

We went yesterday and it was brilliant! There were 16 in our group and we were split into four groups of four, then two groups per instructor - our instructors were Craig and Jim - we had Jim. We had a brief history of the gun and safety lesson - both very interesting! I shot the AK first - 10 bullets - at paper targets - then got photos with the gun, before passing it on to the next person in our group. The other two teams were shooting the AR-15. Once the other group had done their gun, we swapped, and shot another 10 bullets with the AR-15, and again got photos etc. Then the second pair of groups shot and we sat back and relaxed - well, as much as you can with gunfire! Finally we went back and each shot another 10 (I think with each gun!) on little 3" targets - very tricky! Lunch was much better than I expected - Publix deli sandwiches, crisps and cold cans of coke and sprite. In the PM, we each had a go with two bullets on the shotgun - so much fun! Then a round of 10 with the handgun, wait for the rest of the group, then another round of 10, then we had certificates awarded. My OH got Top Gun!

It was a truly great day, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. A couple of things though - take some change for the vending machine - it's a $1.50 for various bottled drinks - although there are some bottles of water in the PM available. I would also take a personal fan - you're outside but under cover, but it does get hot being out there all day. If you're going with people who aren't shooting - check first that they have the capacity to have viewers, we had a couple of people shoot who seemed to want their whole extended family to watch, but they just don't have the ear protection for everyone, plus were concerned about them wandering around 'unwatched' whilst live weapons are going off. And finally, we didn't leave til just before 5 - they did explain that it was taking a little longer as we had one group who were not native English speakers - but if you have an ADR or something in the evening make sure you have plenty of time to get back!

All in all - an amazing day, and would thoroughly recommend it!

Kx
hi not sure if you are Katie , my son Ross and myself where there same day and paired with an Arraon and Katie, we didn't have time to speak as we had ear muffs on for most of the morning , then my son took ill and we had to leave early. Anyway the two of us really enjoyed it also , Jim was very strict but to me that was reassuring , no nonsense approach makes you feel safer. Can't believe you didn't finish till near 5 but I guess the "extended family" was a factor. I'm gutted I didn't get to shoot shotguns maybe next time.
Old 5 Jul 12, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes it's Katie - small world! An excuse to come back another time! Hope Ross is feeling better, and enjoy the rest of your stay!
Old 5 Jul 12, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

What a great video - thank you so much for sharing - we are going here at the end of August - should be a really different day out -

great tip about the vending machines too !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 12, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BCKloon View Post
Give me 30mins or so and I will quickly knock up a small video of our day at Florida Firearms and post it here.

*Update* As promised

Excellent, looking forward to our visit next month, have done hand gun shooting in Dubai, this looks way better.
Old 5 Jul 12, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
chopper602
Having Dinner with Goofy

Thanks for the video - now know a bit more of what to expect. What was the rifle you were using? Haven't seen that mentioned on the website.
Old 5 Jul 12, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
asdageek
Imagineer

*Update* As promised

videos are great! thanks for sharing
Old 5 Jul 12, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh wow! How does it feel shooting a gun? I think I would be scared yet feel powerful at the same time .
Old 5 Jul 12, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Kimber03
Imagineer

Kimber03's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 26

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 174
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by chopper602 View Post
Thanks for the video - now know a bit more of what to expect. What was the rifle you were using? Haven't seen that mentioned on the website.
Since there was only 3 of us that day we finished early so we got the chance to shoot a couple of extra rifles. We used the one in the video which I cant remeber the name of and also got to shoot the Russian Mosin Nagant

Kimber03 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread