Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Apr 22, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

So pleased to hear everyone’s updates and glad the offers and places are coming through. We still don’t have dates in Ireland for results, but accommodation places have opened. There’s only private options available here but a few of them are in student villages. After a bit of stress I’ve managed to secure him a single room at his first choice and paid the deposit. The contract says we have to cancel the accommodation by 23rd August and in discussions with them they say they have it on good authority that works with exam result date and first offers. So that would mean results are expected week of 15th and offers 2 days later! I really am struggling getting my head around not knowing if he’ll be living at his first choice, his second choice or at home and commuting to his third choice! I can’t even begin to process it as I don’t know if he’s leaving or not and won’t know until 2 weeks before 🙈🙈🙈
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Beth has had 5 interviews and received 5 offers and has narrowed it down to 3- need to get her to make a decision asap so we can sort accommodation and finance.
Old 16 Apr 22, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cumbrian lakes
Apprentice Imagineer

Granddaughter still has not heard anything. She wants to study medicine at Liverpool or Birmingham. She had her interviews in January and February. She is getting disheartened now. All her friends have got offers none have applied for medicine.
cumbrian lakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

My DD got 5 offers which she was thrilled with. She has accepted her favorite 2 which also have the most realistic offers. We need to look at accommodation and also for her insurance offer talk to them about her Brexit status (she has a form to fill out for her number one choice).

Her exams have started- she had her PE exam last Monday and has another 12 exams to go- including 5 orals. Last oral will be in the last week of June and her results we’ll be a week later (no messing around here) so she will know early July.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
So pleased to hear everyone’s updates and glad the offers and places are coming through. We still don’t have dates in Ireland for results, but accommodation places have opened. There’s only private options available here but a few of them are in student villages. After a bit of stress I’ve managed to secure him a single room at his first choice and paid the deposit. The contract says we have to cancel the accommodation by 23rd August and in discussions with them they say they have it on good authority that works with exam result date and first offers. So that would mean results are expected week of 15th and offers 2 days later! I really am struggling getting my head around not knowing if he’ll be living at his first choice, his second choice or at home and commuting to his third choice! I can’t even begin to process it as I don’t know if he’s leaving or not and won’t know until 2 weeks before 🙈🙈🙈
That is really rubbish not knowing when the results will be, hope you find out soon
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Originally Posted by cumbrian lakes View Post
Granddaughter still has not heard anything. She wants to study medicine at Liverpool or Birmingham. She had her interviews in January and February. She is getting disheartened now. All her friends have got offers none have applied for medicine.
Hope she hears soon, I have heard medicine take a long time to make offers
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
My DD got 5 offers which she was thrilled with. She has accepted her favorite 2 which also have the most realistic offers. We need to look at accommodation and also for her insurance offer talk to them about her Brexit status (she has a form to fill out for her number one choice).

Her exams have started- she had her PE exam last Monday and has another 12 exams to go- including 5 orals. Last oral will be in the last week of June and her results we’ll be a week later (no messing around here) so she will know early July.
Great she got 5 offers and hope the brexit status is not too tricky. Also good luck with the exams, that is a long exam period but good to get the results so quickly
Old 16 Apr 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katiebaz View Post
Great she got 5 offers and hope the brexit status is not too tricky. Also good luck with the exams, that is a long exam period but good to get the results so quickly
Thank you! Thankfully 4 of the 12 exams are English and there is a 50/50 chance her final oral (the big one) will be in English too (or Life Science - she has to prepare both and blind choose on the day.)

She isn’t looking forward to the 5h Philosophy exam (a compulsory subject) it has to be said🤣

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 22, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

My daughter got accepted at all the uni's she applied to, she decided on Central Michigan University (fire up chips) the $50,000 in scholorships she was offered helped her make the final decision!
Old 17 Apr 22, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
I’m not sure I could cope!
How do they expect you to organise things? 😳
Fingers crossed everything goes like clockwork for you.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List