Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 May 22, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
We have had a bit of a blow over here in Ireland! It was announced yesterday that the exam results could be delayed - still no date of when they will actually be! So the kids now are facing into doing exams in three weeks time with no idea when results will be issued, when they’d start university or even where they will be studying! It is an absolute mess 😡
The problem is that they announced on 1st February that they’d give those who couldn’t sit exams due to Covid a chance to sit them at a later date. They still don’t know when that would be. I honestly think they thought they could just wait until after the first exams and see how many kids needed the extra dates! The universities and clearing house have gone ballistic over it! Add to that the fact that in two weeks time they are going to use 5,000 student accommodation places for Ukrainian refugees and the concern about student accommodation is massive! Poor kids have had enough turmoil and uncertainty without all of this now 🙈
That is awful for the kids.
We are in France. My DD started her bac last week. Her last exam (an oral) is on or before 1/7 (still waiting for the date!) and the results will be published on 5/7. No messing around here🤣

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
We are in France. My DD started her bac last week. Her last exam (an oral) is on or before 1/7 (still waiting for the date!) and the results will be published on 5/7. No messing around here🤣
Wow! That is rapid! I wonder could they send the examiners over here afterwards and sort ours out?!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

And that’s the last audition done. She’s not convinced it went as well as it could have and also managed to rip a bit chunk out of the underside of her big toe which made the dancing tricky (I imagine pointe work tomorrow might smart a bit). Expectations are low so I guess we are going to be looking at reapplying next year. Hope everyone else is ticking along ok and not too stressed with exams
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
And that’s the last audition done. She’s not convinced it went as well as it could have and also managed to rip a bit chunk out of the underside of her big toe which made the dancing tricky (I imagine pointe work tomorrow might smart a bit). Expectations are low so I guess we are going to be looking at reapplying next year. Hope everyone else is ticking along ok and not too stressed with exams
Oh I do hope that she’s just being harsh on herself and she’ll get the place she wants!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I’m sure it was considerably better than she thinks. They’re their own worst critics

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

I hope so too- we will soon find out!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Wow that is quick - wish ours were. Good luck to your DD
katiebaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Really hope it has gone better than she thinks - as others have said they are often their own worst critics. Fingers crossed she gets an offer
katiebaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Well we heard back today. They have offered her a place on the foundation year which isn’t what she applied for but is pretty pleased with given how badly she felt the audition went. The down side of this for us is that it isn’t funded so we would need to find £9250 for the fees plus rent and other living costs. Really hope our lottery numbers come up!
Old 20 May 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Congratulations on getting a place on the foundation course - that is no easy thing either. My friend’s daughter did that, is just finishing her final year and has an agent. Good luck to your DD - and to you for those lottery numbers!