Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 May 22, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
Well we heard back today. They have offered her a place on the foundation year which isn’t what she applied for but is pretty pleased with given how badly she felt the audition went. The down side of this for us is that it isn’t funded so we would need to find £9250 for the fees plus rent and other living costs. Really hope our lottery numbers come up!
Ah that is great news considering how she felt! Not so great for you - will keep everything crossed for the lottery 🤞🤞🤞
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Well we heard back today. They have offered her a place on the foundation year which isn’t what she applied for but is pretty pleased with given how badly she felt the audition went. The down side of this for us is that it isn’t funded so we would need to find £9250 for the fees plus rent and other living costs. Really hope our lottery numbers come up!
Congratulations to your DD on tge offer. We said to DD if she didn't get any offers for a degree then she could do a foundation but it had to be some where local so she could at least stay at home. Luckily she did get a degree offer, has she been put on any reserve lists for a degree course?
Old 20 May 22, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
Congratulations to your DD on tge offer. We said to DD if she didn't get any offers for a degree then she could do a foundation but it had to be some where local so she could at least stay at home. Luckily she did get a degree offer, has she been put on any reserve lists for a degree course?
No, she had decided only to apply for 2 places this year- Bird and ArtsED. She got a recall for ArtsEd but no offer and then luckily this foundation offer from Bird. She will probably apply for more than this next year though! Hopefully she will feel more prepared. I believe the foundation course has similar contact hours as the degree, around 35 hours per week so she should be well trained after that! Where has your daughter decided to go?
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

No, she had decided only to apply for 2 places this year- Bird and ArtsED. She got a recall for ArtsEd but no offer and then luckily this foundation offer from Bird. She will probably apply for more than this next year though! Hopefully she will feel more prepared. I believe the foundation course has similar contact hours as the degree, around 35 hours per week so she should be well trained after that! Where has your daughter decided to go?
Except for the cost that sounds like great news!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

The week of horror (7 exams in 3.5 days) is over! Just a 5h philosophy exam (compulsory for an Bac students), an English oral and the “Grand Oral” to go! The end is in sight and the worst is behind her!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
The week of horror (7 exams in 3.5 days) is over! Just a 5h philosophy exam (compulsory for an Bac students), an English oral and the “Grand Oral” to go! The end is in sight and the worst is behind her!
That sounds horrendous, what a relief to get all of that bit out of the way although that 5h philosophy sounds pretty terrible, good luck to her with the rest 🙂
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Wow that does sound horrific - the 5hr philosophy exam doesn’t sound much fun either! Glad the end is in sight
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

I'm on this thread as my son is off to Uni this year. But my daughter is graduating this year from University of Chichester Conservatoire in Musical Theatre Performance. I would recommend applying to as many as you can or at least do some open days. We found the open days were really good for ruling out where she didn't want to go and finding places that weren't at the top of her list but she really liked.
Old 20 May 22, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
DS1 last day in school today. Only back in for exams now. First exam on Wednesday 😱.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 4fromsuffolk View Post
DS1 last day in school today. Only back in for exams now. First exam on Wednesday 😱.
My son finishes next Wednesday - and we have to go to a mass that evening at the school! DH can’t make it, and I’m very emotional at the moment, so that could be fun! Then they’re all heading into town afterwards! When I say “town” it’s not like a town in the UK. We’re talking a rural town in Ireland where 140 youngsters are going to turn up in a pub and all order single pints on a Wednesday! Good luck to them 😂
How are you feeling? Hope you’re at home with a large glass of wine congratulating yourself on getting the first one this far! Sending hugs x
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List