Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jun 22, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
Argh kids! My daughter tells me a few of her peers have missed exams this year due to sleeping through their alarms. I don’t know how they do it- I can’t sleep at all before an exam. Hope you get some clarification on dates soon.
Wow! DS is so lucky that I’m normally here to get him up otherwise it’d be the same story here! Wonder if they’ve told their parents?!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

1 left here but not til 19 June. Had a bit of drama yesterday before (ironically enough) her drama exam. We’d popped to costa for a treat for lunch and grabbed it to take out. She had a few bites of panini before deciding she didn’t want any more, thought it tasted it bit strange. 20 mins later, sat in the school park she suddenly started vomiting and was bright red! I guess something in the panini didn’t agree with her. Talk about bad timing! Anyway, she did the exam, the exam office arranged for a fan and sick bowl, and thought it was ok. We will see on results day.
Hope everyone else is ticking along ok.
Uni wise we are still waiting for details for accommodation which they said would probably be the beginning of July, keeping our fingers crossed the 2nd and 3rd years haven’t snapped it all up already.
Oh no- that sounds awful for her. I hope she is feeling better now.

My DD now has her end date-21/6. Which is at the beginning of all the orals rather than at the end. And thankfully at 2pm and not 8am as it is in the center of town which can be a nightmare in rush hour.

We also managed to get to London last weekend and visited her firm choice which thankfully she loved! Fingers crossed she gets the results she needs.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post

My DD now has her end date-21/6. Which is at the beginning of all the orals rather than at the end. And thankfully at 2pm and not 8am as it is in the center of town which can be a nightmare in rush hour.

We also managed to get to London last weekend and visited her firm choice which thankfully she loved! Fingers crossed she gets the results she needs.
Best of luck to your DD and glad she loved her firm choice too x
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post

Oh that’ll soon be here won’t it? Good news she loves her first choice too.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
Wow! DS is so lucky that I’m normally here to get him up otherwise it’d be the same story here! Wonder if they’ve told their parents?!
I bet they haven’t!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Last exam today! She is exhausted following her dance show at the weekend, 40 dances in 2 days and didn’t get to bed til gone midnight last night. Filled her with caffeine this morning and keeping our fingers crossed. On the plus side she won an award and the show was spectacular- down with a bump now though. Hope everyone else is going on ok, I believe a-levels finish on Friday although that might depend on exam board I guess.
We are still waiting for the accommodation list and uniform list to be published so a bit stuck until we get those. I envisage a very busy couple of weeks once they arrive.
Old 20 Jun 22, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Last exam today here as well. Also the last day she ever needs to go into school. They did have a leavers assembly a few weeks ago, but they knew they would be back for exams. After today, that's it. I think that struck her quite hard last night.

The have prom in a couple of weeks but it's not at school, so the end of an era.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Last exam today! She is exhausted following her dance show at the weekend, 40 dances in 2 days and didn’t get to bed til gone midnight last night. Filled her with caffeine this morning and keeping our fingers crossed. On the plus side she won an award and the show was spectacular- down with a bump now though. Hope everyone else is going on ok, I believe a-levels finish on Friday although that might depend on exam board I guess.
We are still waiting for the accommodation list and uniform list to be published so a bit stuck until we get those. I envisage a very busy couple of weeks once they arrive.
She did well! My dd can’t even function the day after the show weekend! Glad it’s all done for her now x
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
She did well! My dd can’t even function the day after the show weekend! Glad it’s all done for her now x
Given the chance I think she would still have been in bed!
Old 20 Jun 22, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

We have 3 exams left here and ds is studying hard playing computer games 🙈🙈🙈
They have given us a bit more info on their results date….wait for it…”late August” is what they’re saying today! ≈≈≈!
Anyway nearly done on the hard part - hope they enjoy their celebrations x